• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Theres enough time to install a new offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

There is only 30 days of practice allowed before the season and now we have 21 days in between games (not to mention the 14 days between UM and Pit). I do not hope they install a new offense, but there is enough time between now and Rutgers to isolate the problems and put in a few new wrinkles.

They have got to work with the tools/players they have and customize the offense to make the most of what they have. If they come back with the same old crapfest they have been running then the spotlight of fault is clearly on the coaching staff.

One of the best compliments I ever heard about Don Shula was from Bum Phillips. He once said, "He can take his'n and beat your'n, or he can take your'n and beat his'n."

I worry because sometimes our coaches seem content with urine.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

a total change is alittle much but some major changes are needed

Guest S.  Bien

I agree...no new offense is needed, but this is an opportunity for Smith to remedy the situation.

There are clear issues with receivers not stepping up, and the QB being required to do to much.  We must solve this by adding in wrinkles.  The positive is the base offense can be used to work off of, but the plays and deception must be better.

I am sorry, we can't win 2 games by running a pure power-i offense and just blowing by inferior opponents, then win another by getting lucky on a few early gimmick plays, and then call it an offense- especially when the three losses, which required us to run a balanced, efficient, and innovative attack were anything but.

Guest Justin Boza

i dont understand why rod smith just doesnt "vanilla" it down and put some more I-form, hand off to andre hall, smash-mouth type plays.. it seems like we are relying on this spread offense where we HAVE to incorporate a minimum of 3 WR's per offensive down..

i'd like us to replicate the bucs a little more.. where we pound them with the ground game to keep them honest, then mix in a little playaction

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

To bad we don't have Magee running our offense. They have a whole thread dedicated to him on the WVU board about how well he has adapted his offense to their strengths. Interesting how he and Smith switched schools and now both OC. Seems like they got the better of the deal. Come Home Calvin!!!

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBUCFDF0FE.html

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

there will be no major changes in rutgers

same ol same ol

there were no changes from last year ,were there

Guest S.  Bien
there were no changes from last year ,were there

There were promises and assurances there would be, but alas nothing noticable.

They have added 1-2 new things, but have barily added any of the spread-option we heard so much about.

sbien-There were promises and assurances there would be, but alas nothing noticable.

does it bother you that nothing noticeable was done?

i am curious as to your opinion on this,thanks

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

There is only 30 days of practice allowed before the season and now we have 21 days in between games (not to mention the 14 days between UM and Pit). I do not hope they install a new offense, but there is enough time between now and Rutgers to isolate the problems and put in a few new wrinkles.

They have got to work with the tools/players they have and customize the offense to make the most of what they have. If they come back with the same old crapfest they have been running then the spotlight of fault is clearly on the coaching staff.

One of the best compliments I ever heard about Don Shula was from Bum Phillips. He once said, "He can take his'n and beat your'n, or he can take your'n and beat his'n."

I worry because sometimes our coaches seem content with urine.

No matter what happens today or next Sat. I would like to congratulate the coaches on using the off time to get the team playing good football again.

If like I said the spotlight of fault would have been on them then they should also recieve the glory.

GREAT JOB COACHES!!! THANK YOU!!!