• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Odd thing about FB game postponement....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Let me start by saying that I agree with the catious postponement of the game. With that said, I read in today's trib that the decision for the 1PM home women's soccer game vs Syracuse has yet to be made. Don't they have to travel as well, I know that there aren't nearly as many people involved, but I don't understand how we can have a game on Sunday if we can't have one on Saturday.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

well it sucks that it will be a great day on saturday and sunday and no football at all

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

One has to think a little politics may have been involved?

"Mr Tranghese, Right now we (WVa) are the only BE team that could end up in the top 10.  We are banged up and ready to be upset, but a week off to heal would help us stay undefeated in the BE and help you when everyone asks if we deserve BCS status"

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Let me start by saying that I agree with the catious postponement of the game. With that said, I read in today's trib that the decision for the 1PM home women's soccer game vs Syracuse has yet to be made. Don't they have to travel as well, I know that there aren't nearly as many people involved, but I don't understand how we can have a game on Sunday if we can't have one on Saturday.

FYI...Most Women Soccer Teams don't travel with an entourage of 100-150 people and normally don't have their own Charter Flights either.

Plus...correct me if I'm wrong (which I am a lot!), Women's Soccer doesn't play in a rented off-campus stadium that has to be run by hundreds of employees and deal with crowds of 30,000 plus.

Just a thought.

KL

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

www, I agree with your politics idea, but I think it might be more along the lines of the ACC coming out early wednesday and postponing the Miami v. GT game saying it was unsafe for players and that they were concerned and such. BTW I think it's total BS that our game is postponed, all because the media has hyped up hurricanes so much since Katrina. Now it's gonna be a great day saturday with no Bulls football for what will seem like years...  >:(

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

www, I agree with your politics idea, but I think it might be more along the lines of the ACC coming out early wednesday and postponing the Miami v. GT game saying it was unsafe for players and that they were concerned and such. BTW I think it's total BS that our game is postponed, all because the media has hyped up hurricanes so much since Katrina. Now it's gonna be a great day saturday with no Bulls football for what will seem like years...  >:(

we are still within the cone of death....imminent danger awaits!!!

:P :P :P

Couldn't agree more.  Had they waited until the 11am update on Thursday, they would have had a much clearer picture, and we'd be playing tomorrow.  Instead we hear "safety, missing classes, blah, blah, blah"  You can't tell me that 24 hours notice isn't enough time to cancel everything.  Why in the world can the NFL move a game UP within roughly 36 hours of kickoff, and the BE can't figure it out.  Frustrating.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

just fyi, the sunday soccer game has been moved to Wisconsin, which serves as a (very, very) neutral site for USF vs. Syracuse ... (Orange is already there to face Marquette on Friday) ...

greg

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

You can't tell me that 24 hours notice isn't enough time to cancel everything.  

This is not a regular game.  It is homecoming.  I know you know that, just a reminder.  There are thousands of people involved.  You have no idea how they plan on preparing for the storm.  So, if they start pulling out, as they did for the alumni parade watch party, then staffing becomes an issue.  We have to look at the bigger picture here.  It's nothing for us to have 24 hours notice, but there are travelers and staffing issues.  Also, like I said in another post, the City is preparing for any unseen changes in the path and will probably be using RayJay this weekend.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Well at least we will be giving the WVU QB plenty of tie to heal up nicely when we play then in December. We are indesperate need of a win and home game for the confidence of this team.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

In other news....did anyone else have a 1 week vacation planned in Cancun starting next weekend or am I the only 1? This **** Wilma is ruiing my weekends! I guess it could be worse and actually hit when I was down there.