• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder if the Big East would take us back ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We are a bandwagon city.  Win they will come back.

At least Florida is college football crazy unlike the likes of UCant.

I used to believe that until I saw the turnout for Q’s senior night...totally disappointing. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I used to believe that until I saw the turnout for Q’s senior night...totally disappointing. 

True.  USF is an oddity:

- Fanbase got taste of being at the Big Boy table and then it got yanked away.

- USF is located in a medium size city that can barely support 3 professional franchises.  Sports dollar is stretched and G5 football is a distance behind.

- Tampa= Bandwagon City (exception the Lightning)

- Apathy.  The past 2 years have beat down the fanbase.

Regarding ECU....what in the hell else is there to do in Greenville NC.  Of course they get good crowds.

12 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

True.  USF is an oddity:

- Fanbase got taste of being at the Big Boy table and then it got yanked away.

- USF is located in a medium size city that can barely support 3 professional franchises.  Sports dollar is stretched and G5 football is a distance behind.

- Tampa= Bandwagon City (exception the Lightning)

- Apathy.  The past 2 years have beat down the fanbase.

Regarding ECU....what in the hell else is there to do in Greenville NC.  Of course they get good crowds.

Those BE days was good for the short term but killer in the long term. I would say that it would be best to wait on a new generation of fans who don’t remember but today’s younger fans don’t seem to care about college athletics in general. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

A 2 win Tulsa team late in the season on a Thursday night is a tough draw.  If it took you this long to be disappointed then you hadn’t been paying attention, we do apathy better than most and have for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

A 2 win Tulsa team late in the season on a Thursday night is a tough draw.  If it took you this long to be disappointed then you hadn’t been paying attention, we do apathy better than most and have for a long time.

Believe me...I’ve been disappointed for years...yes we kick ass in apathy. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We are a bandwagon city.  Win they will come back.

At least Florida is college football crazy unlike the likes of UCant.

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Just write it all down to us doing apathy supremely well for years. No need to be making excuses about a "tough draw" for that team, that player, that year .... If any game was the personification of why it will take a Herculean effort on MK and CJS's part to get us relevant in this area again it was that one.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just write it all down to us doing apathy supremely well for years. No need to be making excuses about a "tough draw" for that team, that player, that year .... If any game was the personification of why it will take a Herculean effort on MK and CJS's part to get us relevant in this area again it was that one.

That is BS, Tulsa was garbage and is largely irrelevant even when competitive and the game was on a week night and there were over 26k tix sold.  End of the day, we are apathetic but that was not the game that defined our apathy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That is BS, Tulsa was garbage and is largely irrelevant even when competitive and the game was on a week night and there were over 26k tix sold.  End of the day, we are apathetic but that was not the game that defined our apathy.

I'll give you the week night as a partly, half assed excuse because a lot probably just physically not able to make it, but that's it. We were the closest we'd been to a conf championship and a NY6 bowl in a dozen years, with the most exciting player in our history and "fans" stayed away because of who they were playing?? That is BS and that game was a perfect example of our current overall apathy ...

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

This statement in-and-of-itself sums up our fan base for USF athletics...Not calling you out Frisco...I know where you stand. But he was probably the greatest player we ever had and this was a very good USF team. Most fans of a large university would have got their ass there just to say “thank you” to Q. But no, many USF fans just couldn’t do it. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This statement in-and-of-itself sums up our fan base for USF athletics...Not calling you out Frisco...I know where you stand. But he was probably the greatest player we ever had and this was a very good USF team. Most fans of a large university would have got their ass there just to say “thank you” to Q. But no, many USF fans just couldn’t do it. 

The prior home game loss and the 4th and 24 fiasco was still fresh in their minds, I guess in a way the fans knew how the year was going to play out.  It would have been nice had we shown that group of seniors some love, (best class ever) but we didn’t.