• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

brybull1970

What College Football May Look Like in 2020

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I for one am not afraid of the virus. I’m more afraid of spreading it to others that may not be able to survive it. What this virus has done to the world emotionally will take generations to repair. This has nothing to do with what you are trying to bring up. I can say the same thing about when the movie Jaws came out which caused people to be afraid of going to the beach. The media and medical experts drilling everyone every day that this virus will always require social distancing and staying safe will stick with us for a long time 

As an example of your fear. Monday I had to do an estimate at work, I’m the operations coordinator I don’t usually do them but it was a contact I brought to the company’s dad. He was a nice gentleman who got a little close for my liking(been social distancing before it was popular and compulsively wash my hands no matter the day or year) when we sat down to go over samples he plugged in his oxygen tank.

Yesterday, my assistant called out because his girlfriend woke up and couldn’t breathe. She drove to the hospital on her own so that he didn’t get too close (I guess she self isolated after work Monday). He also stopped in for like 10 minutes Monday when he had the day off to talk about Something that happened Saturday. I would not have seen him since last Wednesday otherwise. Now, even though he’s isolating while she waits for her results(felt better today I guess) I’m worried I may have inadvertently signed this guys death certificate. 

Thankful we got funded in the second round of the PPP because if our assistants girlfriend tests positive we’ll have to close at least until we all get tested. And we have yet to close so far and were just starting to pickup in business now that we’ve topped 100 a few times here.

43 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

We all better get used to it because generations of today will never feel safe again in our lifetimes.

Maybe, but not because of COVID-19. We've been told it's just going to go away ....

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe, but not because of COVID-19. We've been told it's just going to go away ....

We were also told by Dr. Fauci that Americans had nothing to worry about.  I suppose knowledge has developed over the last two months. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

When the science is right, even better.  We seem to be getting more of the hypotheses than anything else when it comes to states and a return to life.  

I would say the science is being used more or less depending on the hypotheses.

7 hours ago, Brad said:

We were also told by Dr. Fauci that Americans had nothing to worry about.  I suppose knowledge has developed over the last two months. 

Nice when some people continue to learn.  

8 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

We all better get used to it because generations of today will never feel safe again in our lifetimes. I guess the good news is that we should see less people getting and spreading the flu virus now since everyone will be washing their hands like they have OCD for the rest of their lives lol. I seriously doubt I will be traveling anytime soon to watch USF road games as it has gotten to point where it is not worth it. I’m thankful I did get to travel before all hell broke loose. Getting to the airport 4 hours early and wearing a mask for all that time is just going more reasons I rather watch the game on tv at home lol

Seems to me many young people aren't fazed at all by this virus.  Our daughter is out and about with friends. Those driveway drinking parties probably devolve into less than 6' apart.  We've seen them a couple of times anyway counting on the fact we believe they had this thing a few months ago.  Wish it was easy to get an antibodies test.

At the beginning of the pandemic I could understand the lack of political willpower to completely shut down their respective communities and states, but as things have progressed we are seeing both side use selected elements of the science to push their political agendas and confirm their biases.

And in some cases, we are seeing science ignored altogether to achieve the real priority of what every first term administration wants - a second term.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Brad said:

You must have changed the channel before his second sentence. 

“You’ve got to watch out because although the risk is low now, you don’t need to change anything you’re doing. When you start to see community spread, this could change and force you to become much more attentive to doing things that would protect you from spread.”

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

You must have changed the channel before his second sentence. 

“You’ve got to watch out because although the risk is low now, you don’t need to change anything you’re doing. When you start to see community spread, this could change and force you to become much more attentive to doing things that would protect you from spread.”

Thanks for illustrating my point about cherry picking information that we want to use to back our own opinions, The sentence before and after usually provides better context.

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Wish it was easy to get an antibodies test.

Is it difficult in Florida?  I know a few families that have had them completed in Arizona.

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I would say the science is being used more or less depending on the hypotheses.

You can still say whatever you choose to.