• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congratulations Graduates!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Why would kids that didn't come to games as students buy season tickets?  This is USF's main problem.  For whatever reason students don't connect to our sports.

We began as a commuter school and never really shook that image.  I was not a college fan when I entered college and liked the idea of being in Tampa because of the Bucs and what the city had to offer.  I realized once in school that college sports was awesome, if I felt that way prior I probably would have went somewhere else, maybe the other die hard fans felt the same and we got stuck with the apathetic students.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I always remembered the McKay quote as a response to the execution of his offense ....

It truly is a classic...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Why would kids that didn't come to games as students buy season tickets?  This is USF's main problem.  For whatever reason students don't connect to our sports.

I didn't go to a single football game when I was a student.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, Cornada said:

I didn't go to a single football game when I was a student.

Was football even invented when you going to school? Didn’t you graduate with Fred Flinstone?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Was football even invented when you going to school? Didn’t you graduate with Fred Flinstone?

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure out that I'm an old fart :04-cheers:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are so right. We’ve almost always sucked in fan support. Read what BB coach Lee Rose said many, many years ago:

“All this school has ever had is a bad image. We’re trying to give it a **** positive one. Get behind us!” ― USF men’s basketball coach Lee Rose, grabbing a Sun Dome microphone after a 1984 win against UNC-Charlotte to rip the lack of fan support (from the Orlando Sentinel)

Finally saw the whole article this morning and it is ******* awesome from a native Tampa Bay sports fan perspective. McKay's are the best. I think he must have paid a local journalist to play straight man and set him up for some of those. Bulls represented, including Seth's dog/tree quip and Matt's "we're just that much better" ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Finally saw the whole article this morning and it is ******* awesome from a native Tampa Bay sports fan perspective. McKay's are the best. I think he must have paid a local journalist to play straight man and set him up for some of those. Bulls represented, including Seth's dog/tree quip and Matt's "we're just that much better" ...

McKay was the man. An older gentleman who did not give a **** what others thought. No way he would have survived as long as did in today’s sports climate. I remember Matt’s quote...it was so sweet. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull