• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who i'd love to see as the OC next year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

Rick Neuheisel!  This is a guy who is still very young, who was really on the rise in the coaching ranks, and whose transgressions were very mild.  Plus, he is considered somewhat of a qb guru, and has great experience with dual threat qbs (kordell stewart).  I realize there is no way that usf would ever pony up the cash for him, but its a move i would love to see.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Deja Vu, didn't we just have this conversation about Hobbie last year?

Maybe it's not the OC, but the caliber of QB we have in the system right now... just a thought.

Guest S.  Bien
Deja Vu, didn't we just have this conversation about Hobbie last year?

Maybe it's not the OC, but the caliber of QB we have in the system right now... just a thought.

Uh nope, but nice thought.

Any moron that runs Andre Hall a mere 17 times, despite the fact he was gaining nearly 7 ypc in the first half, in a game we were in until the end, needs his head examined.  Furthermore, he needs his head examined why he subbed in Denson on 1st and 10 from the 8 in the third quarter when we were only trailing by a TD, then asked Denson to make difficult pass plays.

Or many we're now under the theory that PJ decides the plays, and decided not to give it to Hall more, and that he pulled himself out in favor of Denson and then told Denson to pass?  

Sorry charlie, those coaches cost us that game.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Uh nope, but nice thought.

Any moron that runs Andre Hall a mere 17 times, despite the fact he was gaining nearly 7 ypc in the first half, in a game we were in until the end, needs his head examined.  Furthermore, he needs his head examined why he subbed in Denson on 1st and 10 from the 8 in the third quarter when we were only trailing by a TD, then asked Denson to make difficult pass plays.

Or many we're now under the theory that PJ decides the plays, and decided not to give it to Hall more, and that he pulled himself out in favor of Denson and then told Denson to pass?  

Sorry charlie, those coaches cost us that game.

You can only run a stud back so many times before he's going to start feeling the strain.  Remember the Army game last year?  200+ yards in the first half and then kaput in the 2nd half?  Injury...

If our season rests on the ability of only one guy to run and we have no other weapons, then we do suck.

Guest S.  Bien

You can only run a stud back so many times before he's going to start feeling the strain.  Remember the Army game last year?  200+ yards in the first half and then kaput in the 2nd half?  Injury...

If our season rests on the ability of only one guy to run and we have no other weapons, then we do suck.

That's horse crap.  WVU ran Slanton 34 times against UL, and they were down by 17 going into the fourth quarter.  They ran 54 times total against UL, we ran the ball to our RB's like 24 times in the game, and forced PJ to drop back and search for receivers that don't do what it takes to get open.  A recipe for disaster my friend.

You pound Hall, then you bring in Ponton for a series or two, then you put them both in the backfield, but you do not give up running so early in the contest.  We've done that two straight weeks when the going got tough.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Rick Neuheisel!  This is a guy who is still very young, who was really on the rise in the coaching ranks, and whose transgressions were very mild.  Plus, he is considered somewhat of a qb guru, and has great experience with dual threat qbs (kordell stewart).  I realize there is no way that usf would ever pony up the cash for him, but its a move i would love to see.

I think I read somewhere that Neuheisel is being looked at for head coach at Temple, I believe ....which is kind of weird since you'd figure he'd up in CUSA, the home for wayward coaches.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

rick n would never go to temple

a place where coaches go to die