• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU rescheduled for Dec. 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

WEST VIRGINIA-USF FOOTBALL GAME RE-SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 3

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – After consultation with both universities, the football game between West Virginia University and the University of South Florida, originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 22, has been re-scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 3, BIG EAST Commissioner Michael Tranghese announced.

On Wednesday, the league announced that the game was postponed due to concerns about Hurricane Wilma.

The kickoff time for the new date has not been determined.  At this time, no television arrangements have been made.

“There were many factors that we considered,†said Tranghese.  Ã¢â‚¬Å“Obviously, the safety of everyone is paramount.  Also, there were travel concerns and the potential for missed class time.  Our conclusion is that Dec. 3 is the best date for this game to be played.â€Â

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

WEST VIRGINIA-USF FOOTBALL GAME RE-SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 3

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – After consultation with both universities, the football game between West Virginia University and the University of South Florida, originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 22, has been re-scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 3, BIG EAST Commissioner Michael Tranghese announced.

On Wednesday, the league announced that the game was postponed due to concerns about Hurricane Wilma.

The kickoff time for the new date has not been determined.  At this time, no television arrangements have been made.

“There were many factors that we considered,†said Tranghese.  “Obviously, the safety of everyone is paramount.  Also, there were travel concerns and the potential for missed class time.  Our conclusion is that Dec. 3 is the best date for this game to be played.â€Â

Exactly what I predicted in one of the other thread.  Nothing but a bunch of rhetoric.  Missed class time?  When would there be any sort of missed class time for the original game time?  Thanks for completely screwing our homecoming.  

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Exactly what I predicted in one of the other thread.  Nothing but a bunch of rhetoric.  Missed class time?  When would there be any sort of missed class time for the original game time?  Thanks for completely screwing our homecoming.  

Bunch of rhetoric?  I believe that the safety of the teams, family, and fans are the utmost important.  Further, class time is an important factor that should not be overlooked.  Yes, it is not fun that Homecoming has been side-tracked but we cant control a natural disaster.  I am confident that the Alumni Association and Student Steering Committee will work hard to have a great Homecoming, regardless of a hurricane or schedule change.  There are more important factors in life than our homecoming festivities.  

GO BULLS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

I'm happy  8)

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Bunch of rhetoric?  I believe that the safety of the teams, family, and fans are the utmost important.  Further, class time is an important factor that should not be overlooked.  Yes, it is not fun that Homecoming has been side-tracked but we cant control a natural disaster.  I am confident that the Alumni Association and Student Steering Committee will work hard to have a great Homecoming, regardless of a hurricane or schedule change.  There are more important factors in life than our homecoming festivities.  

GO BULLS

Nobody's safety would be put at risk by having the game on Saturday.  Class time wouldn't be missed, plenty of time for travel.  Heck they could have simply moved the start time up a few hours.  If they were that concerned about the storm, classes would be cancelled, activities rescheduled.  I agree, this is simply a football game.  Nothing more, but they overreacted and blew it.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Nobody's safety would be put at risk by having the game on Saturday.  Class time wouldn't be missed, plenty of time for travel.  Heck they could have simply moved the start time up a few hours.  If they were that concerned about the storm, classes would be cancelled, activities rescheduled.  I agree, this is simply a football game.  Nothing more, but they overreacted and blew it.

Nice to see that Roy Leap is a member of the board...

The margin of error on this storm is still more than 300 miles.  There are models that take the storm NORTH of TAMPA.  Are you really willing to bet everyone's safety that  those models are wrong and the others are right??

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

you people do realize that they cant make a decision the day of the game??? they have to make decisions in advance so WVU can make plans accordingly.  They made a decision yesterday afternoon, they MAY have waited til this morning but that would have been pushing it.  Unfortunately teams cannot just jump on the plane the day of the game and fly down, things are a little more complicated.  UM and UCF made decisions before USF did, they waited as long as they thought was reasonable and then acted.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,810
  • Days Won:  22

Im glad it was switched otherwise me and three others would have missed it. No way we would be traveling to Tampa with a storm scheduled to hit somewhere in florida from sat-monday.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

This bugs me simply because it'll be another two week layoff followed by two away games meaning we will have not played a home game in almost two months. I don't like our chances we dont have a good enough team to play a game a month and stay sharp.

I think the league likes this option though, you figure, if we can win out by beating teams we should beat, the league gets a psuedo championship game Dec 3. at RJS. This would give us some good pub...if this is the case I hope we can attract a homecomming like crowd.