• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Jumping the gun??

Guest S.  Bien

I'd almost bet that this storm's eye won't touch mainland FL.

All the reputatable, none commercialized, sensationalist, romancing the storm forecast model sites have this thing not coming any further north than Marco Island AT BEST!

This storm is tiny, it makes Charley look like a giant.  If these TV whores would stop romancing the storm to grab air waves everytime they hit the TV they would tell people that the Navy and other top flight recon see this storm doing more than grazing the Yucatan.  That's important because the eye wall is something paltry like only 1-2 miles wide!  Some are 25!   Hurricane Storm winds only extend 15-20 miles outside of the wall now!!!!   So basically, some believe that once it comes off the Yucatan it could really be so weak and disorganized that once the western front hits it in the Gulf it will just whisk it away far south of us.

So far that's sounding and looking more logical by the minute.  However, if you listen to the news the **** sensationalism on the weather channel and with other reporters is almost jaw dropping.  They always lead in with the barometeric pressure setting an all-time low at 890.  However, they forget to mention that was over water, and that the eye and hurricane force winds extend out so small that some have seen some top notch tornado's with a winder swath of destruction.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

BullGrad I am completely with you. Latest forecast now has the storm hitting Naples on Monday, NOT Saturday, not even Sunday. I guess I will sit home and cookout in my back yard Saturday afternoon because I know its most likely going to be sunny at 80, what a waste!

Looks like we've got the same idea.  Hope there are some good games on the tube Saturday.  Just cook out on the patio instead of the parking lot.

I'd almost bet that this storm's eye won't touch mainland FL.

All the reputatable, none commercialized, sensationalist, romancing the storm forecast model sites have this thing not coming any further north than Marco Island AT BEST!

This storm is tiny, it makes Charley look like a giant.  If these TV whores would stop romancing the storm to grab air waves everytime they hit the TV they would tell people that the Navy and other top flight recon see this storm doing more than grazing the Yucatan.  That's important because the eye wall is something paltry like only 1-2 miles wide!  Some are 25!   Hurricane Storm winds only extend 15-20 miles outside of the wall now!!!!   So basically, some believe that once it comes off the Yucatan it could really be so weak and disorganized that once the western front hits it in the Gulf it will just whisk it away far south of us.

So far that's sounding and looking more logical by the minute.  However, if you listen to the news the **** sensationalism on the weather channel and with other reporters is almost jaw dropping.  They always lead in with the barometeric pressure setting an all-time low at 890.  However, they forget to mention that was over water, and that the eye and hurricane force winds extend out so small that some have seen some top notch tornado's with a winder swath of destruction.

Bien... I would like to verify where you are getting your information.  Do you have a link to a website?  I have seen models in the spaghetti model that show it doing what you say, but there are others that show different projected tracks.

As for the size of the storm:

Using the federal government sources: www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The eye is 35 nautical miles in diameter... hurricane-force winds extend out 80 miles northeast, 75 miles southeast, 45 miles south west, and 75 miles northwest of the eye.

Tropical storm force winds extend our 225 miles northeast and northwest (375 nautical miles at it's widest NW to SE).

I would not call that a small storm. (Yes it's smaller than Katrina was, but it's still a sizeable hurricane.)

The forecast is for the hurricane force winds to shrink, but the tropical storm force wind field is still 350 miles wide through Sunday.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

I don't know where they are getting that info. It is a cat 4 with 145 mph winds, has tropical storm force winds out 260 miles from the center and hurricane force winds at 90 miles according to the NOAA website. At 5 am they reported two eye walls, one at 4 NM and one 40 NM.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4+shtml/201442.shtml for the wind speeds and range. (Public advisory #21)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT4+shtml/200836.shtml for the two eye walls (Discussion #20)

Kizarvexis

Guest S.  Bien

Jim,

I can't give it out on one site.  password only.

The most reliable stuff doesn't have it near us.  As for storm size, just 12 hours earlier it was the smallest cat 5 on record.

It still has one of the smallest eye walls they've ever seen.  I don't know where they're getting or how they're accumulating stats, rather odd that 12 hours earlier the winds extended out a paltry 40 miles and now it's 100 miles?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

The storm can change 2morrow . . .

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Jim,

I can't give it out on one site.  password only.

The most reliable stuff doesn't have it near us.  As for storm size, just 12 hours earlier it was the smallest cat 5 on record.

It still has one of the smallest eye walls they've ever seen.  I don't know where they're getting or how they're accumulating stats, rather odd that 12 hours earlier the winds extended out a paltry 40 miles and now it's 100 miles?

LOL!! Now SB has access to Hurricane Information that not even NOA has!!

SB...I heard Wilma showed great quickness in the shuttle, good agility in coverage, and a nice 44" vertical.

Other Hurricanes have said she is reliable, but prone to possible mistakes, had somewhat hard hands but with good vision.

Needs work in weight room to get back to Level 5 status...others...just will just be lumped with all the others in the Cat 1-3 range.

KL

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I'm thinking of tailgating in the mall parking lot Saturday afternoon anyways. I will just pretend that the game is still on for 7pm.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

I'm thinking of tailgating in the mall parking lot Saturday afternoon anyways. I will just pretend that the game is still on for 7pm.

Sounds like a great idea.  Why don't we get the Pasco folk to meet in the Kash N Karry Parking lot at SR54 and Old Pasco Rd.  That way we can avoid the drive.  

:D :D :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

Wilma has really slowed down. Saturday afternoon it will still be just off the coast of the Yucitan.  Bummer.