• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

if there is no football money this year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

Man, this just made me feel old. We have Gators here in orlando, so, I thought all were closing... then... clicked on an article that it was the Tampa location on fowler and closing after 17 years... I was racking my brain to try and remember where it was when I was in school only to realize that I have been out of there for a little longer than that. When I first saw it, I was like "no way, I don't remember them being there!"

I would have remembered, the local Gators Dockside was a hangout when I was in HS, so, it would have stuck out to me if opened while I was in school...

It was a place called Garfield's before it became Gator's but not sure how long it was there ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

A contract has a definitions page, not sure a pandemic would be defined in any of the 3 events you listed hence this is where there is ambiguity and an opportunity to void the contract if there are no games.

Force Majeure ....   Always wanted to say that.I think it fits in somewhere here in this discussion...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Force Majeure ....   Always wanted to say that.I think it fits in somewhere here in this discussion...

It does, nice work Brad, has a nice ring, like ménage a’ Trois.  The networks may look you up for help.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

If you would have told me that Business Law at USF, some 30 years ago, would have opened the door to a threesome, I would have thought it impossible.  #GoodPandemicThings

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

20 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

It's in the contract that was negotiated in 2018 and covers that all media rights payments are still due to the league in the event games are not paid due to lockout, strike or natural disaster.

If networks wanted a rebate of some kind, even if the language did not support it, two giolaths who still need each other are not going to sue each other. 

great work brybull

my prediction is networks will want money back and fight to get it. they have shareholders they must answer to

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

22 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

It's in the contract that was negotiated in 2018 and covers that all media rights payments are still due to the league in the event games are not paid due to lockout, strike or natural disaster.

If networks wanted a rebate of some kind, even if the language did not support it, two giolaths who still need each other are not going to sue each other. 

From what I could see, the current NFL media contract was negotiated almost 10 years ago, effective 2014-2022. Is there somewhere to see the contract you're referring to? Like Frisco mentioned, it'd be interesting to see if there is a further clarification of "natural disaster". Agree, though, doubtful anyone will be suing anyone over this but the wording would be interesting to see.

7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The word is that FOX wants the Sunday night package and that would be crippling to NBC which would leave them with Notre Dame as their only football property. The networks need to stay on the league's good side.

NBC still has Futbol, the Premier league.  I don’t really care for watching the sport but I do enjoy saying Futbol, this may make it less crippling for  NBC.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

NBC still has Futbol, the Premier league.  I don’t really care for watching the sport but I do enjoy saying Futbol, this may make it less crippling for  NBC.

Getting up at 7:00am on a Sunday to watch players dive and witness scores at 1 to 0...I would say NBC would be in trouble. 

Not sure if any of you joined the zoom chat with CJS going on now? Two promises by the alumni group to send me the invite and they did not, maybe they thought I may say something controversial 😀 or they cut me last minute, either way was it any good?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

i bet naural disaster has been defined by the courts in the past in some jurisdictions

in any event the court will define  it when the networks sue