• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

rutgers favorite at unconn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

uconn is down to their 3rd string freshman qb and they lost to cinci. i'll take rutgers.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it is homecoming

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys,

It has been awhile since I have visited. I have not forgotten this great place, just have been busy and don't get to post on my favorites boards as much as I would like.

Well, if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Rutgers covering the spread. Even a healthy Uconn team would have had a tough time with Rutgers. We just do not match up well with them. Rutgers strengths are our weakness. I predicted RU would beat us before the season began. Then two weeks ago I had us even due to Rutgers had more players out than Uconn. Well, Uconn was beat up by Cincy (still scratching my head how that could have happened) and I really give Uconn little chance of winning today. Ya, it is homecoming. We have key players hurt. Uconn's remaining 105 players will come in fired up behind a raucus crowd. However, as hard as I expect Uconn to play today, and as loud and crazy as I'll be at the game rooting them on, I expect RU will take control of this game. Uconn has always been a conservative ball controlling offense. That is not going to change with Brown in the game. The difference is that RU will know it and blitz or put 8 in the box. Brown will be forced to do more than he will likely be capable of. This is either going to be a low scoring game or Uconn is going to lose by 2 or 3 TDs.

Both defensives will dominate the lne of scrimmage. However, Leonard is going to wear us out and RU will have more opportunitiues in the 2nd half. RU defensive line is going to mow down the Huskies and it is likely going to be a long day and tough yards gained by the Uconn offense. The question, can Uconn generate more than 100 yards of total offense? Will it even keep it in positive yard numbers?

Uconn's secondary has lost two key starters. We also start a true freshmen at strong safety. We have one starting linebacker out and the other is likely to play with a neck stinger. Look for Teel to get just enough pass protection to find RU's talented receivers for big gains.

Wish us luck!!!

DW

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

rutgers changed qbs at the right time

big win

they will put a hurting on usf unless ca hill plays qb and does well

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

uconn played a bunch of nobodies and it came back to haunt them

still pissed we played poorly and lost to pitt

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

uconn played a bunch of nobodies and it came back to haunt them

still pissed we played poorly and lost to pitt

Very insightful post. So that is the reason Uconn lost to Rutgers? Oh, so you are still upset that USF lost to Pitt are you. Are you sure it was because USF played poorly? COming from C-USA, to say Uconn has not played anyone is the kettle calling the pot black.

I am being nice here. You really wouldn't want to know what I really feel about your post.....

DW

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Oh, so you are still upset that USF lost to Pitt are you. Are you sure it was because USF played poorly? COming from C-USA, to say Uconn has not played anyone is the kettle calling the pot black.

USF gave Pitt 3 tunronvers that were converted into 21. That was the ball game right there. Turning the ball over that frequently is poor play.

We have played some very good OOC game since we have moved to Division 1 A. I don't think the same can be said for UConn and I think you can admit that. There is no comparing USF's and UConn's OOC this year since USF has played much better OOC games.