• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

new nba dress code

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

racist

stand up and be ehard my black brothers

the white man,coming off the bad decision in clarette case,is trying to control the black man again

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

of course you think it is racist... i knew exactly what this thread was going to say the moment i saw the title.

So i guess you are saying that blacks can't dress well, but whites can?  What is wrong with everyone dressing to impress, especially when you make so much freaking money?  Why does that have to be racist?

Everyone has to abide by the policy, and BTW... it was negotiated in the Players association collective bargaining and accepted.  I guess you didn't notice that the head of the players union is black.  ::)

gene upshaw sold out his union also

what is your point

there was  nothing wrong with how  the players dressed

stern and his group want to go back to the 50's

that ain't happening

Jason Richardson wants to keep wearing his gold chains, and the Golden State Warriors guard believes the NBA's new dress code takes aim at black players in the league.

He's calling for the players' association to fight the new wardrobe rules announced this week that will go into effect when the season kicks off next month.

"They want to sway away from the hip-hop generation," Richardson said Wednesday night, before the Warriors beat the Phoenix Suns in a preseason game. "You think of hip-hop right now and think of things that happen like gangs having shootouts in front of radio stations."

Richardson, who describes his style as "different" and says he won't be caught as a "copy cat," left the Oakland Arena wearing a camouflage zip-up sweatshirt, a long necklace with a diamond-encrusted triangle at the end, and a beige cap slightly tilted to one side.

"One thing to me that was kind of racist was you can't wear chains outside your clothing," he said. "I don't understand what that has to do with being business approachable. ... You wear a suit you still could be a crook. You see all that happened with Enron and Martha Stewart. Just because you dress a certain way doesn't mean you're that way. Hey, a guy could come in with baggy jeans, a do-rag and have a Ph.D. and a person who comes in with a suit could be a three-time felon."

Players will be required to wear business-casual attire when involved in team or league business. They can't wear visible chains, pendants or medallions over their clothes.

Some players already acknowledge they probably will face fines for breaking the rules on occasion.

"I feel like if they want us to dress a certain way, they should pay for our clothes," said Philadelphia's Allen Iverson. "It's just tough, man, knowing that all of a sudden you have to have a dress code out of nowhere. I don't think that's going to help the image of the league at all. ... It kind of makes it fake. The whole thing is fake."

The NBA announced Monday in a memo to teams that a dress code will go into effect at the start of the season. Saying players must dress in "business casual" attire, the league banned items such as sleeveless shirts, shorts, sunglasses while indoors, and headphones during team or league business.

The edict also requires players on the bench not in uniform to wear sport jackets, shoes and socks. Richardson doesn't object to that part of the rule.

Warriors coach Mike Montgomery believes players should look "like a member of a basketball team" while on the bench.

"The other area is certainly an area for debate," Montgomery said. "We'll just have to see it plays out. I understand both sides of the argument."

Indiana guard Stephen Jackson, who like Richardson is black, agrees that the policy is trying to keep players from expressing their hip-hop style. Celtics guard Paul Pierce also shares that sentiment.

"I dress how I feel anyway," Pierce said Wednesday night in Boston. "I think I'm just going to continue to dress how I feel. I think there's some days I may take a fine."

In protest of the policy, Jackson wore four chains to the Pacers' exhibition game against San Antonio on Tuesday night. Jackson defended his actions Wednesday, but said he won't allow his feelings to cause a distraction once the regular season starts.

"They don't want your chains to be out, all gaudy and shiny. But that's the point of them," he said. "I love wearing my jewelry. But I love my job. I love playing basketball more than I love getting fined and getting suspended."

Richardson has always liked to express himself with his funky attire. Now, he knows he will be wearing his suits much more often _ noting "I've got a nice collection of suits."

He doesn't mind the league mandate for "cleaning up" the bench, but believes a large number of players make their way to and from their cars out of the public view, so they should be able to wear what they want in those cases.

"You're expressing yourself, expressing your identity. It's taking away our self expression. I like to dress and change it up," Richardson said. "Some of them have religious meanings behind their chains, others have personal messages behind their chains. Some guys just like to wear them. I think that was an indirectly racial

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It took you three posts to respond to Velcro?   ???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

Employers have the right to instruct it's employees how to dress.

Employees have a right to leave their job if they don't like the "rules".

And now I hear crying about their religious charms  ::)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

LOL... this whole topic is ridiculous...  the players agreed to it... tuff chit... live with it.  If the players aren't happy with how things are negotiated by the players union... get someone new in there.  Its their own fault if their representative negotiates something they don't want.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

How come my boss won't allow me to dress hip hop? Iverson, guess what they do pay for your clothes and your cars and your houses. You can't afford a decent work wardrobe on $15 mil a year? My boss doesn't give me a clothing allowance either. Get over it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

multinationals.jpg