• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wilma: Track is shifting (slowly) NORTH

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

It's now forecast to come ashore around Ft. Myers...

Also, consider this from the National Hurricane Center:

ONCE WILMA ENTERS THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF MEXICO UPPER-LEVEL CONDITIONS WILL NOT BE AS IDEAL AS THEY ARE NOW AND SOME WEAKENING IS EXPECTED...HOWEVER...IT APPEARS THAT WILMA WILL STILL BE A FORMIDABLE HURRICANE AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA.  AFTER THAT...AS WILMA INTERACTS WITH A MID-LATITUDE UPPER-LOW...THE WIND FIELD OF WILMA IS EXPECTED TO EXPAND CONSIDERABLY...AND EVEN GLOBAL MODELS ARE SHOWING HURRICANE FORCE WINDS WITH THE SYSTEM AT 5 DAYS.

084935W_sm.gif

145238W_sm.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

I can't believe this.  We were hit by Charley and we just moved back home last month.  Now, it looks like it is headed back to Charlotte County.  I guess I should call my contractor and be first on his list to rebuild our home a second time!!  

Guest S.  Bien

Not that there is any solace in this but the storm is expected to experience some major weakening in Thursday, and Friday, and the western front could drop it down to a weak cat 2 by land fall- at worst 110MPH.  

Also, the Navy website still has it closer to the Keys, lower Everglades then Naples.  That's usually right on target, and I find most of the weatherchannel stuff try to forecast expectations that are a bit more vague, probably so people don't get too comfortable.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Will someone call the Russians that have made this hurricane and tell them to send it out west?  I need some football this weekend!  If you haven't seen the other thread, check out http://www.weatherwars.info/

These are all man made.   ;)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

The end is near, time to repent!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

These are all man made.   ;)

I heard the president was creating this one. Word is he doesn't like Florida anymore.

Not that there is any solace in this but the storm is expected to experience some major weakening in Thursday, and Friday, and the western front could drop it down to a weak cat 2 by land fall- at worst 110MPH.  

Also, the Navy website still has it closer to the Keys, lower Everglades then Naples.  That's usually right on target, and I find most of the weatherchannel stuff try to forecast expectations that are a bit more vague, probably so people don't get too comfortable.

Do you have a link or URL -- I can't find anything on Wilma at www.navy.mil ... ??

My information comes from the National Hurricane Center - part of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration... but you're right, the Weather Channel tends to be purposefully vague in their predictions -- primarily because of Charley last year.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Get out the rain coats

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Velcro, Gary and Bulleiver, can't I Please curse on this friggin thread?!?!