• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aren't there people in the know that...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

are regulars here? IE someone that can let us know if the game is going to be postponed. We just got the 2PM update here at work, and it does not look good for a FB game Sat. night.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't think that they would release anything on this too quickly.  They would have to be absolutely 100% sure before they would cancel.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

from what I'm hearing, the path of the the storm is very uncertain at this time as the storm is still organizing itself.  We should know in a day or two if we (in the bay area) need to be concerned.  I'm guessing that we will not hear an offical announcementabout the game until then.  In the interim stay tuned!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I know it would inconvenience some of you (distant travelers) to wait until the last moment to make an announcement, but it would be very frustrating for them to postpone the game and then have it be gorgeous and sunny our Saturday. Lets just wait and see.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Odds are it will be Thursday before any kind of announcement will be made.  I think they'll be absolutely sure that we're in the "cone of uncertainty" before they make any judgement.  Plus, WVU wouldn't fly in until Friday anyway, so my guess will be Thursday midday when something is announced.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you all. Now, if the game is postponed. Who is up for some mud football in the South parking lots of Ray Jay?? :) :) :) :)

From the Trib:

HURRICANE WILMA PLANS: USF officials continue to monitor Hurricane Wilma and a decision whether to play the game likely won't be reached until Thursday.

If the game is postponed, it could be moved to Sunday, Monday or Dec. 3. The Bucs are idle this weekend and both USF and WVU are off the following Saturday, Oct. 29, but the game can't be moved to Oct. 29 because WVU plays Connecticut on Nov. 2.

From the Times:

USF: hurricane worries

TAMPA - Though no official announcement has been made, and with no change to the 7 p.m. game time for Saturday, the USF and West Virginia athletic departments have been talking twice a day about Hurricane Wilma's possible effect on the game.

Both schools would probably prefer the game to be moved to Monday, Oct. 24, because both teams do not play Saturday, Oct. 29.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I certainly hope they don't jump to any conclusions. This hurricane will be weakened severely by the time it reaches landfall, which will be on Sunday, long after the game will have been played.

I certainly hope they don't jump to any conclusions. This hurricane will be weakened severely by the time it reaches landfall, which will be on Sunday, long after the game will have been played.

Don't be so sure...

The National Hurricane Center has Wilma coming ashore around Midnight Saturday as a Category 2/3 storm... with tropical storm force winds extending 150 (nautical) miles from the center.

084935W_sm.gif

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

WELCOME TO MONDAY NITE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE EFFIN AWESOME