• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Leavitt: Carlton Hill NOT an option!

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

I know everyone on here is so high on grothe, but he will never amount to anything as long as smith is here.  our only chance is he had great coaching in high school and he takes from that and does not listen to anything Smith teaches him, because whatever smith does teach it isn't working.  Sorry Matt your going to go down a long line of QBs that never did anything at USF.  Thanks Rod.  

The playbook sucks and if C. Hill cant do it by now he never will. I remember many on this board being so excited about him coming here.  Lets see he now plays receiver here and has other fresh playing more in front of him.  Grothe is going to start in front of him next year per everyone on this board.  So in my opinion he is a bust.  This was supposed to be our biggest recruit ever.  I am not down on C. Hill just the fact that we are not developing him as a QB.  

Let the **** kid play, I know how hard it is for a true fresh to play, Hell it is extremely hard for a 4 year jr in our program to run our pathetic offense.  Let him play and let him play now we will take our lumps but hopefully he will get better.

I would have thought Barnhart would have helped out he had good coaching let him teach the kids how to play qb at least he has done it.  I can not believe smith fat a$$ was ever worth a **** at QB

i agree with what you post

you should post more frequently

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

grothe wouldnt be playing if pj didnt get hurt

leavitt doesnt know qbing

That's not necessarily true or fair smazza.  It was clear from the staff's words that Grothe was going to get equal playing time in the first three games of the season.  What shocked the staff was Grothe came in and did remarkably well, I mean never really gave them a reason to bench him.  So, I would say you've got to give the staff and Leavitt some kudos because despite being committed to splitting minutes between the two they've stuck with Matt throughout.  Hell even in the rough patches of the UCF and FIU games they still stuck with Matt.  Pat's injury wasn't even severe, in fact he didn't even have to come out on the play when they sat him but Leavitt thought it was a good time to take a chance on Grothe---sounds like Leavitt deserves a little credit for finally getting the QB thing right.  

You can chastize about the past but I think with Grothe the staff deserves all the credit in the world for sticking by him, and putting him in at the right time.  Also for giving him opportunities to succeed.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  0

Who dug up this old turd of a post?

Julmiste had 3 years to prove something, and all he proved was that he was inconsistent as a quarterback.

C Hill was a bust.  Didn't he start the Car Crash Bowl and do nothing in that game?

That Car Crash Bowl was a dubious send off for a dedicated player like Andre Hall.  What an embarrassing debut bowl appearance for USF.  I had to listen to all the smart-a$$ comments from all my non-USF college grad friends about that game.

However Grothe got the starting role, whether he had a closet full of rabbit's feet, caught a Leprechan and his pot of gold, or an anvil hit Leavitt on the head ala the Roadrunner & Wile E. Coyote, it was huge stroke of luck for us.  I do not know if there is enough Rollaids in the universe that could have sustained another season of Julmiste throwing the ball at the receiver's feet.