• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah and Im sure that Central Florida handed us the victory as well. Beating a team by over 30 points is not them handing a victory over, that is taking a victory away from them.

Face it, USF is in a much better position and place than UCF. Argue what you want about your conference, but if you are at all true to yourself you will realize that the likes of the fighting Mustangs and the Golden Hurricanes, do not even compare to the likes of West Virginia and Louisville. Heck for comparison sake they don’t even compare to the likes of Rutgers and UConn.

To even compare the direction that USF is going with the direction that UCF is going is asinine and foolish. USF has far surpassed any place that UCF has ever been. The fact that I am even responding lends you some credence, but fans like yourself need to continue to support your team will being able to grip onto some form of reality.

By no means do I think that South Florida is a national champion, or that the Big East is the best football conference. But the fact is, is that both USF and the Big East are light years ahead of UCF and Conference USA.

possibly the best first post, ever

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Yeah and Im sure that Central Florida handed us the victory as well. Beating a team by over 30 points is not them handing a victory over, that is taking a victory away from them.

Not sure who you are referring to here.  USF did not beat UCF by more than 30 points.  Heck, USM didn't beat us by more than 30.

Since you brought it up and I assume you don't know what you are talking about, I can say, with some certainty, that allowing 5 posessions to start in YOUR red zone is "giving" them the game.

Face it, USF is in a much better position and place than UCF. Argue what you want about your conference, but if you are at all true to yourself you will realize that the likes of the fighting Mustangs and the Golden Hurricanes, do not even compare to the likes of West Virginia and Louisville. Heck for comparison sake they don’t even compare to the likes of Rutgers and UConn.

There is no doubt that USF is in a better position RIGHT NOW as far as conference affiliation is concerned.  I have said that many times.  Yes, SMU and Rice need to step up.  SMU is making some strides and has the potential.  To even compare Rutgers with ANYONE in CUSA besides Rice is absurd.  UConn has at least won some games.  Add Syracuse to the very bad team list.

To even compare the direction that USF is going with the direction that UCF is going is asinine and foolish. USF has far surpassed any place that UCF has ever been. The fact that I am even responding lends you some credence, but fans like yourself need to continue to support your team will being able to grip onto some form of reality.

Not that I can understand what the heck you put but I will try.  How are the directions different?  Do you see USF going up?  If so, do you see UCF going down?  Please explain?

The REALITY of the situation is that UCF is poised to go to a BOWL game.  Something USF hasn't sniffed yet.  They got close one time but UCF also got close years earlier.  So, we are just fine where we are.

Thanks for responding.  Hope you didn't think I was going to lay down.  I will debate this issue, time willing, for as long as you like!

By no means do I think that South Florida is a national champion, or that the Big East is the best football conference. But the fact is, is that both USF and the Big East are light years ahead of UCF and Conference USA.

For right now I will somewhat agree with you.  Light years is certainly incorrect but "ahead of" is probably accurate.  Nice try at being objective.

Just remember, conference shakeups are not complete yet and UCF will have TONS to say about the situation when it arrives.  And don't be too surprised where you find us dreaded Knights.

Good job beating FAMU!

Not sure who you are referring to here.  USF did not beat UCF by more than 30 points.  Heck, USM didn't beat us by more than 30.

Since you brought it up and I assume you don't know what you are talking about, I can say, with some certainty, that allowing 5 posessions to start in YOUR red zone is "giving" them the game.

There is no doubt that USF is in a better position RIGHT NOW as far as conference affiliation is concerned.  I have said that many times.  Yes, SMU and Rice need to step up.  SMU is making some strides and has the potential.  To even compare Rutgers with ANYONE in CUSA besides Rice is absurd.  UConn has at least won some games.  Add Syracuse to the very bad team list.

Not that I can understand what the heck you put but I will try.  How are the directions different?  Do you see USF going up?  If so, do you see UCF going down?  Please explain?

The REALITY of the situation is that UCF is poised to go to a BOWL game.  Something USF hasn't sniffed yet.  They got close one time but UCF also got close years earlier.  So, we are just fine where we are.

Thanks for responding.  Hope you didn't think I was going to lay down.  I will debate this issue, time willing, for as long as you like!

For right now I will somewhat agree with you.  Light years is certainly incorrect but "ahead of" is probably accurate.  Nice try at being objective.

Just remember, conference shakeups are not complete yet and UCF will have TONS to say about the situation when it arrives.  And don't be too surprised where you find us dreaded Knights.

Good job beating FAMU!

the funny thing is, that whenever you try to put down USF... you are making your own program look worse because we handed you your ass earlier this season

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

One game does not make a program better than another.  If that were the case, both of us would have worse programs than Army and Buffalo (well, at least Buffalo was on the road!).

And I wasn't trying to put USF down.  I was simply stating how I like what UCF is currently doing.

Understand?  I didn't think so...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Let's find an unbiased source...I'm using CBS sportsline because the other polls don't extend past the Top 25...

Conference USA and Big East

#018 West Virginia

#028 UTEP

#031 Louisville

#046 Tulsa

#047 Southern Miss

#054 Rutgers

#058 Connecticut

#061 South Florida

#067 Marshall

#068 Pittsburgh

#069 UAB

#072 Cincinnati

#073 UCF

#074 Memphis

#075 Houston

#087 Syracuse

#090 Tulane

#092 East Carolina

#093 Southern Methodist

#117 Rice

The top 8 for each league are pretty even, with West Virginia being the elite of the whole darn thing.

The bottom feeders are hurting us, but as you wouldn't think about getting rid of Syracuse (basketball power) Rice and Tulane bring a lot to the table in baseball and the academic prestige of the conference.  Tulane might not even be playing football depending on how their situation resolves.

except this is a mere aberration for 'cuse.... that can't be said for SMU, Rice, ECU, etc

One game does not make a program better than another.  If that were the case, both of us would have worse programs than Army and Buffalo (well, at least Buffalo was on the road!).

And I wasn't trying to put USF down.  I was simply stating how I like what UCF is currently doing.

Understand?  I didn't think so...

honestly, i didnt feel like reading your drivel on this board and im not sure why you are even on this board

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

No way!  I am not running along.  I think I should be aloud at least a couple of days to set you guys straight!   ;)

You have all the time you want to fling your poo over on the Mercy Board ....

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

This pretty much sums it up in a nutshell ....

Props to you, Mav (and k_f, too, I think) for, at least, sticking with that for the month ......... Now run along. 8)

I made my sig bet for the duration of football season.  This is just cruel.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I made my sig bet for the duration of football season.  This is just cruel.  

It's crueler on the ones who have to look at it ...... Maybe you can plea bargain yor sentence down.