• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Noah Johnson Transfers in!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

60% career completion percentage with middling stats in the few games he played against FBS competeition (Southern Miss and New Mexico State). I think its pretty obvious what the current staff thinks of McCloud as transfers are coming in.

The same McCloud who threw for less than 100 yards in 1/3 of his starts last year? There are only about 5 QBs in the entire country we should never consider for our depth chart and 3 of them are already on our roster.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

60% career completion percentage with middling stats in the few games he played against FBS competeition (Southern Miss and New Mexico State). I think its pretty obvious what the current staff thinks of McCloud as transfers are coming in.

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The same McCloud who threw for less than 100 yards in 1/3 of his starts last year? There are only about 5 QBs in the entire country we should never consider for our depth chart and 3 of them are already on our roster.

I think that was his point ....

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He was a NFL prospect b4 he got injured.

Was he though? He was considered the best QB in FCS until his backup took a snap but I don't think he (like Q) was ever considered a an NFL prospect at QB. But he could still compete for the starting job here. I think Fortin has a higher ceiling.  

I like the RB option though. What if he also realized QB wasn't going to happen and is coming to a place he can learn to be a RB for a year before giving that a Go in the NFL. Not saying that will happen, just spitballing. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Was he though? He was considered the best QB in FCS until his backup took a snap but I don't think he (like Q) was ever considered a an NFL prospect at QB. But he could still compete for the starting job here. I think Fortin has a higher ceiling.  

I like the RB option though. What if he also realized QB wasn't going to happen and is coming to a place he can learn to be a RB for a year before giving that a Go in the NFL. Not saying that will happen, just spitballing. 

He got Offensive Player of the year in 2018 and his replacement won it in 2019 so its not like he got benched for a scrub. He seems to be coming in as a QB. I think he has a chance to win the job. He has the most playing experience. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Maybe they have a pretty good system for FCS .... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Can't hurt but remember McCloud in his first start looked pretty good vs a decent FCS team in Sc State.

I thought we had something with him in that game..he had a total of 5 tds that game.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need help everywhere 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He got Offensive Player of the year in 2018 and his replacement won it in 2019 so its not like he got benched for a scrub. He seems to be coming in as a QB. I think he has a chance to win the job. He has the most playing experience. 

He got SWAC player of the year, not the Walter Peyton award. Can you name any other SWAC player of the year? Again he’s better than what we had last season but serviceable backup is more than likely what we got at QB. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They must have had a good coach...

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think there will be much football this year but it is great to have him