• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Noah Johnson Transfers in!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Really interesting move with just one year to play. You don’t make that move unless you believe you’re the starter, right?

Someone in theory could have academic reasons as well.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Someone in theory could have academic reasons as well.

Technically, you're only allowed to transfer if the school you're headed to has a graduate program your current school doesn't offer.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Technically, you're only allowed to transfer if the school you're headed to has a graduate program your current school doesn't offer.

Yes but most people try to find the school and then the education program it is more theoretical that someone could actually transfer despite football and because they actually want to follow an academic path to a new school.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Thread over on the Recruiting board started in December ..... https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/148297-alcorn-state-transfer-qb-noah-johnson/

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

With the accolades he has, and the control he had over Alcorn St, he probably is trying to make a name for himself. All good for USF, I hope he earns it

I think he was politely shown the door. he got hurt and his replacement out played him. I think this is just a chance to compete and play close to home. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes but most people try to find the school and then the education program it is more theoretical that someone could actually transfer despite football and because they actually want to follow an academic path to a new school.

If I was a marginal football player with a year left, I'd absolutely find a lower level football program at a higher level academic school. I'm actually surprised you don't see more of that. Hell, I'd contemplate dropping down to an FCS school if it meant another free year of education at an elite location.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I think he was politely shown the door. he got hurt and his replacement out played him. I think this is just a chance to compete and play close to home. 

Its possible that he had not fully recovered from his injury. Winning 2018 SWAC MVP at a minimum shows that he was playing above his peers. If he can get back to form, I'm sure hes better than last year's bunch. It seriously could not be worse than last year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Its possible that he had not fully recovered from his injury. Winning 2018 SWAC MVP at a minimum shows that he was playing above his peers. If he can get back to form, I'm sure hes better than last year's bunch. It seriously could not be worse than last year

What kind of injury?  

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What kind of injury?  

Shoulder, can't really find a story on it. Not sure if its throwing or not. 

35 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

The replacement was the 2019 SWAC player of the year.  I think hes healthy and they just told him they were gonna go with the younger option. 

https://swac.org/news/2019/12/4/swac-releases-2019-all-swac-football-honors.aspx

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Upvote 1