• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What bothers me

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,974
  • Days Won:  469

and I'll only share it here...

Is all the "journalists" and media folk that self-righteously tell everyone to stay at home, stay safe - "all do our part".  This includes a couple of our sports reporters in the Tampa Bay area that are currently working from home and getting paid for it.  They're saving money!  Just like I am.  But I am not encouraging people to watch Netflix as their family suffers, their savings deplete, and their jobs go away.

It would mean so much more if they would put their money where there mouth is

There are REAL PEOPLE suffering consequences in this shutdown and lock in.  Cashing our checks and insisting they remain mute and do their part reading our internet tripe is disingenuous and not doing one's part.  Shame on them.  I don't think they're smart enough to know how condescending they sound and how insensitive instructing those in financial peril to do their part is.  If it were only that easy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Brad, you are a very altruistic person.  Very few are.  I understand your frustration.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

I would be kind of interested in seeing what set this off. Only things I’ve noticed is the couple of media sites I’ve got tagged providing free virus coverage outside of their subscriptions asking to subscribe. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

I've been stuck in my house since January 29th, confined to bed for the first month.  Brad's vent is quite reasonable compared to my behavior at home.  I think my wife is just waiting for me to fall asleep...

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I would be kind of interested in seeing what set this off. Only things I’ve noticed is the couple of media sites I’ve got tagged providing free virus coverage outside of their subscriptions asking to subscribe. 

Trip, I'm talking about our run of the mill local yokels...not anybody big enough to give away coverage.

I had to look up the guy's name, because I stopped following him...Chris Torello.  I just don't think he's very smart.  He doesn't realize that sitting out work for many is not a very savory option...now we're talking April/May?  He collects his check but still tells working people just to sit tight at home - for all of us.  There will be unintended consequences within the home and outside of it.  Fortunately, me and my evil corporation (actually a partnership) are doing things to help people that are requested to stay home and can't earn a living.  We aren't talking **** like that know-nothing feel good parrot.  We are helping people. safely.   Courage not cowardice.   Sorry, but that feels better.  Thanks for asking.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Trip, I'm talking about our run of the mill local yokels...not anybody big enough to give away coverage.

I had to look up the guy's name, because I stopped following him...Chris Torello.  I just don't think he's very smart.  He doesn't realize that sitting out work for many is not a very savory option...now we're talking April/May?  He collects his check but still tells working people just to sit tight at home - for all of us.  There will be unintended consequences within the home and outside of it.  Fortunately, me and my evil corporation (actually a partnership) are doing things to help people that are requested to stay home and can't earn a living.  We aren't talking **** like that know-nothing feel good parrot.  We are helping people. safely.   Courage not cowardice.   Sorry, but that feels better.  Thanks for asking.

Don't really follow anything or anybody like that, just keeping up with the bare minimum whenever possible. Sorry that guy got you all worked up but it does sound like a lot of evil corporations/partnerships are going the extra mile for those really adversely affected by this ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On 3/29/2020 at 7:50 PM, Brad said:

Torello is a paid internet troll with a high horse mentality. Not sure why anyone would pay for his coverage. All he is trying to do is get you into a Twitter war. But I agree Brad, he has been extra on it with the virus coverage. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

On 3/29/2020 at 7:50 PM, Brad said:

I don't know if this makes you feel better but the TBT will be laying off people soon.

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't know if this makes you feel better but the TBT will be laying off people soon.

It's killing me. First, survived the no separate Sports section but now, for the first time in my entire existence, there will be days where I won't be able to ink stain my hands from a newspaper. I'm sure very few here will appreciate my misery ....

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Sure hope you know that's not the point.