• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Usually I do not like to come across as critical of our coaches...

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I dont see see why you feel like that.

No he is not a Steve Spurrier personality or a Bobby Bowden.

But he is smart, well spoken, has a real plan that he commumicates pretty well, seems like a good motivator.  Besides wrealizes ho gives a sh-- as long as he wims.

Dont get your perspective?

I just realized I was quoting from Puc.  Ok I get it now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

45 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I dont see see why you feel like that.

No he is not a Steve Spurrier personality or a Bobby Bowden.

But he is smart, well spoken, has a real plan that he commumicates pretty well, seems like a good motivator.  Besides who gives a sh-- as long as he wims.

Dont get your perspectve?

I am going to defend PUC in this argument, for some reason guys from the South come across as slow witted and ignorant.  He comes across as a country bumpkin but I like the hire and think he will be successful. However  I also thought CSH and CCS were good hires.  We will agree that if he wins he is the messiah and if he loses he is a turd, that is the way CFB works.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am going to defend PUC in this argument, for some reason guys from the South come across as slow witted and ignorant.  He comes across as a country bumpkin but I like the hire and think he will be successful. However  I also thought CSH and CCS were good hires.  We will agree that if he wins he is the messiah and if he loses he is a turd, that is the way CFB works.

Dont let the accent fool you.  Most Northerners have that perspective of Southerners.

I get it. But it simply aint true with most people in higher positions.  But yeah we probably have a higher percentage of the common people that fall in that category.

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Also Spurrier and Bowden talked like country bumpkins.  But they did pretty well.

The way he talks means absolutely nothing to me.  In fact I think he is more articulate then I was expecting.

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Dont let the accent fool you.  Most Northerners have that perspective of Southerners.

I get it. But it simply aint true with most people in higher positions.  But yeah we probably have a higher percentage of the common people that fall in that category.

It is not an accurate depiction, my better half is from Georgia and she is very intelligent, just takes her longer to get the point across.  The accent is sexy on a woman and ignorant on a man, I did not make the rules but I do live by them.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Also Spurrier and Bowden talked like country bumpkins.  But they did pretty well.

The way he talks means absolutely nothing to me.  In fact I think he is more articulate then I was expecting.

Which goes to the original point, he wins than he is a genius and if he loses than he is a bum.  If Spurrier lost he would be remembered as a stupid hick but he won and now he is remembered as a genius ball coach.

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is not an accurate depiction, my better half is from Georgia and she is very intelligent, just takes her longer to get the point across.  The accent is sexy on a woman and ignorant on a man, I did not make the rules but I do live by them.

I never thought about it that way.  But good point, it is very sexy on most women.....but not all.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Which goes to the original point, he wins than he is a genius and if he loses than he is a bum.  If Spurrier lost he would be remembered as a stupid hick but he won and now he is remembered as a genius ball coach.

True dat.

Actually me being born and raised in Florida, its the Northeastern accents that get on my nerves.  But to each their own.  Depends on where you grow up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Wait, attractive AND intelligent. You did marry up.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

True dat.

Actually me being born and raised in Florida, its the Northeastern accents that get on my nerves.  But to each their own.  Depends on where you grow up.

You mean like "How youse guys doin?"

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Wait, attractive AND intelligent. You did marry up.  :thumbsup:

You mean like "How youse guys doin?"

"Get outta here."  "You know what Im sain".

Let me re-phase.  I do kinda dig the New York accent a little.  The Boston and Minnesota accents I could live without.

Love the Southern accent.  However even being from the South, Ive been to some places in South Carolina and Louisiana.  It was so thick I couldnt even understand them.