• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Usually I do not like to come across as critical of our coaches...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, DJBulls said:

"Usually I do not like to come across as critical of our coaches..."  I assume this is sarcasm...

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

Perish the thought

19CDE6E4-57CA-4A2E-81B9-8D99374483BB.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, bowman1 said:

19CDE6E4-57CA-4A2E-81B9-8D99374483BB.jpeg

More like “but when I do it’s because they still aren’t the better I was promised when we unceremoniously ripped the heart of our program for no reason”.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I value your opinion more than you know and always appreciate your more informed and rational takes but you also defend CSH (and not the good one) so I sometimes have to remain cautiously optimistic.

That is an excellent point, Cuz is a calming, rational and informed voice but the stench of his support of Skip has tainted his legacy to this day. 😀

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

There is an article in the Athletic about first year coaches. Can't read it all without signing up but I did see this much at the start of the article:  https://theathletic.com/1703925/2020/03/27/college-football-new-coaches-adapt-spring-season-coronavirus/

As new South Florida coach Jeff Scott addressed his staff on a video call Sunday, a voice interrupted him mid-speech.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey!” someone yelled.

“I was trying to figure out ‘Who in the world was that interrupting my thought?’” Scott said.

It turned out to be his old boss, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. USF graduate assistant Sawyer Jordan, a former Clemson student, was in Boca Grande, Fla., with a few friends, including Swinney’s son Will. Dabo, also there, overheard the Bulls’ staff meeting going on and popped in.

Scott and Swinney are in the same boat, as COVID-19’s spread has shut down spring practices across the country, creating unprecedented logistical issues for programs. But there are distinct challenges first-year coaches such as Scott have to face. While Swinney has won two national titles and is leading a powerhouse program, Scott is just trying to install new systems and getting to know his players and their...

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

That is an excellent point, Cuz is a calming, rational and informed voice but the stench of his support of Skip has tainted his legacy to this day. 😀

It’s because he had a nice and close relationship with CSH and has more insight into the uniquely difficult situation we put him in that was not as hard on other coaches (namely our panel that had to approve qualified players). Sadly college football is results driven only but Cuz does have a fairly strong argument based on Skippy’s record outside of his stint here (not that you will probably see me admit this on a public forum again).

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s because he had a nice and close relationship with CSH and has more insight into the uniquely difficult situation we put him in that was not as hard on other coaches (namely our panel that had to approve qualified players). Sadly college football is results driven only but Cuz does have a fairly strong argument based on Skippy’s record outside of his stint here (not that you will probably see me admit this on a public forum again).

I am not going to get in a p match with Cuz, the fall from CJL to CSH was tremendous and something I have never recovered from,  and for that reason I will always hate on Skip? Justified or not , sobeit.

Just now, Friscobull said:

I am not going to get in a p match with Cuz, the fall from CJL to CSH was tremendous and something I have never recovered from,  and for that reason I will always hate on Skip? Justified or not , sobeit.

I’m in the same boat. He was the captain when it sank and it is his fault even if it’s not fair at all. To the victor goes the spoils and his results were far closer to spoiled than victor. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

At least he doesn't send up a barrage of perpetual  negative bs about every subject on the planet. His looks? His tone? Painful? Your sad? ( get a grip) I'm sure the "people" may not share the same low, critical opinion of the Coach. Pathetic Crap...CJS is a good man with a good reputation. Reportedly he is a good father and has his on spiritual beliefs. Good for him and his family. Good for USF that we didn't get some seedy, bottom feeder for a coach. He strives to be POSITIVE and send a GOOD message to fans and his players. How he sounds? How he looks? How he believes? That's his own **** business..I'm concerned more about his creating a winning(POSITIVE) culture at USF.  

You (puc) got on my ass once with your sidekick to tear down something I posted one time. I was amazed at the time that grown men would even act that way or say those things. How chickenshit and small you present yourself. CJS projects much better than you. 

Just same crap, same person continually gets old. I guess he's perceived as cute?? And of course, we all have opinions. That's fine just..don't target people with teardowns of their looks, speech, etc.  Think therapist...

That's it. One of the "people" has spoken. I'm done with it. let the games begin....

28 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

At least he doesn't send up a barrage of perpetual  negative bs about every subject on the planet. His looks? His tone? Painful? Your sad? ( get a grip) I'm sure the "people" may not share the same low, critical opinion of the Coach. Pathetic Crap...CJS is a good man with a good reputation. Reportedly he is a good father and has his on spiritual beliefs. Good for him and his family. Good for USF that we didn't get some seedy, bottom feeder for a coach. He strives to be POSITIVE and send a GOOD message to fans and his players. How he sounds? How he looks? How he believes? That's his own **** business..I'm concerned more about his creating a winning(POSITIVE) culture at USF.  

You (puc) got on my ass once with your sidekick to tear down something I posted one time. I was amazed at the time that grown men would even act that way or say those things. How chickenshit and small you present yourself. CJS projects much better than you. 

Just same crap, same person continually gets old. I guess he's perceived as cute?? And of course, we all have opinions. That's fine just..don't target people with teardowns of their looks, speech, etc.  Think therapist...

That's it. One of the "people" has spoken. I'm done with it. let the games begin....

So you didn’t watch the video? I am sorry if I personally attacked you I usually try to avoid doing that to fellow fans on the site. I am happy you find CJS more appealing than me as he plays a far more vital role in our program, and while was hardly my first choice I feely admit that he is as good a hire as we could have hoped to achieve. Some people have prematurely crowned CJS’ success here and that will naturally cause a bit of backlash from people that think it’s okay to have an expectation above be better than CCS. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 3/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, puc86 said:

But there is no way people honestly find CJS charismatic and well spoken unless they are only comparing him to CCS. Not saying he is a bad guy, not saying he is a bad coach, not saying we could have gotten better but he is almost painful to watch (look at his facial expressions and listen to the tone, it makes me sad).

I dont see see why you feel like that.

No he is not a Steve Spurrier personality or a Bobby Bowden.

But he is smart, well spoken, has a real plan that he commumicates pretty well, seems like a good motivator.  Besides who gives a sh-- as long as he wims.

Dont get your perspectve?