• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

My how things changed... Jeff Scott

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, Buller64 said:

I actually thought Strong would work out as USF coach. I'm a believer that that coaches should stay near where they developed because they understand the style of football played by their recruits. So I thought that Strong's problem at Texas was trying to put in a style of play that was new to the Texas players. Since he was most familiar with Florida and southeast U.S. style of play that he would do better here than in Texas. I didn't realize that his real problem was lack of accountability on the football field. He never put in any effort here.  

When we look back at our previous coaches the successful ones put in a lot of work effort (Leavitt, Taggert) and the unsuccessful ones didn't put in the level of effort (Holtz, Strong). Now to be fair, Holtz did put in the effort on offense but definitely not on defense. Strong doesn't appear to have put in effort anywhere.

I think you are spot on brother.  Luckily for us, we have a new coach that seems more than eager to put in all the work ethic that you are speaking of, not to mention the winning atmosphere that we need here.

Good things ahead, once we get past this **** virus!  Stay safe and healthy everybody!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Bull94 said:

because he didn't have a single winning year at the wealthiest program in the country. the only program to have their own espn channel.

First, if he had won there, we never would have had a shot at him. Second, we are the bizarro version of your description of the Texas program so because he didn't have success there means he should have here ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

i voted smazza as a write-in candidate 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

It was hard to resist that temptation. You’re not alone.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/26/2020 at 12:16 AM, Brad said:

I am not bumping the thread (click on it below), but the earliest thread I could find mentioning Jeff Scott was December 7, 2016 - there were two.  This one:

Actually had a poll everyone will now enjoy.

image.png

Gotta give @BullEdD credit for being all over Scott more than four years ago.

Still feel good about CJS!

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 3/26/2020 at 8:56 AM, smazza said:

amen

how does one know he was a shell of his former self

You weren't the only one.  Most of us did.  The red flags from Texas, we should have taken more seriously.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You weren't the only one.  Most of us did.  The red flags from Texas, we should have taken more seriously.

I was watching it unfold in front of me and still thought he was a good hire, some of those UF defenses were awesome.  Many blamed Red McCombs as being a racist and not supporting Strong from the start at Texas, met the guy a couple times and realized he was simply a very intelligent businessman that had a keen eye for talent.

I just remember the wave of Texas people that came to warn us as if a herd of flesh eating zombies were on the way to our town.  I was like, what?  He's that bad?   Can't be true.  They were good Samaritans and accurate in their warnings.  Some of them felt bad for us - that we so naive or could be so badly tricked.  Again, fortunately we had a multi-million dollar AD that was living up to his paycheck (sarcasm).  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I just remember the wave of Texas people that came to warn us as if a herd of flesh eating zombies were on the way to our town.  I was like, what?  He's that bad?   Can't be true.  They were good Samaritans and accurate in their warnings.  Some of them felt bad for us - that we so naive or could be so badly tricked.  Again, fortunately we had a multi-million dollar AD that was living up to his paycheck (sarcasm).  

And if La Tech had a message board, some so inclined, good Samaritan Bulls fans could have gone over there with the same type message. Fanbases are usually a shaky, emotional barometer of future success elsewhere ....

Has Skip been successful there?  Really haven't paid attention.  I am one of the few that don't blame him for the post-Leavitt debacle.  I place that blame squarely on little Dougie Woolard and his pal Judy.  They were more interested in self-preservation  and self-promotion than the needs of the program.