• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coronavirus arrived on USF Campus

Guest SittingBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Puc, I've had that cavalier attitude for most of my life.  Hell, some of the jobs I've had most people consider too dangerous to do.  But, I'm going through some systemic thing that had me in a recliner for 24/7 for the last month with the worst pain top to bottom.  I've been in pain management for 30 years, so that is saying something.  GP says it is some kind of autoimmune thing and they need to find out what it is.

So, I'm 64, have something systemic going on, and a wife that I would rather not kill due to the fact that I either lacked the self-discipline or empathy for others to follow inconvenient rules for saving others' lives.

It really is time to follow orders and do what we are told.  People going out and farting around for no reason other than to show that they don't believe the rules apply to them might be responsible for the illness/death of someone I love.  That's enough to cause the Sicilian to come out in anyone. ☠️

I hope your posts are overcompensation or just being puc.  I could deal with that.  But to some or most of us, this could have real consequences that affect us the rest of our lives.

If this thing is only half of what the CDC is saying that it could become, it will be horrible for people and their families.  Besides, the more I know about people, the easier it is to keep social distancing from them. 🙂

I really did make my wife go to Chicago last week because I was bored and I have pretty much just continued living my life as I always have. I wash my hands, I don’t touch my face and I don’t touch strangers and that’s about the extent I am willing to avoid getting sick. Social distancing and flattening the curve is the recommendation for every single communicable disease and that this is the first time anyone decided to follow this nonsense and now everyone is playing chicken with who can panic the hardest does not mean I have to embrace the insanity. At some point more people will agree with me that this is not worth it and they will continue their lives too, may as well embrace it and get started because the only way to start building up immunities and dropping the numbers that can transmit it is to start getting some recoveries going. No one is staying locked in their houses for 18 months because of a virus and even if they did you know what’s waiting for them the second people get back to reality? The stupid virus they just wasted a bunch of time avoiding and you know what’s not there? Their jobs, money or the economy they just destroyed for no reason. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

It sounds like you are doing most of what is recommended.  There must be a reason that you are complying.  I don't care about the reason, but I appreciate what you are doing.  From reading your previous posts, one would believe that you didn't take this seriously enough to change your behaviors.

For me, it gets real personal when my family could be in danger.  My concerns about the welfare of mankind are secondary to the concerns about my family.  Kind of selfish that way.

20 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

It sounds like you are doing most of what is recommended.  There must be a reason that you are complying.  I don't care about the reason, but I appreciate what you are doing.  From reading your previous posts, one would believe that you didn't take this seriously enough to change your behaviors.

For me, it gets real personal when my family could be in danger.  My concerns about the welfare of mankind are secondary to the concerns about my family.  Kind of selfish that way.

Because I am not a gross person and this is how I live my life everyday because I am not risk seeking I am just not risk adverse. The issue I have is that we have not accepted being completely risk adverse as being an okay way to combat everyday problems and that is not okay. There is certainly a number that can be put on saving one persons life and I will gladly make those calculations if the world is afraid to. 

Guest SittingBull

Apparently they turned the internet back on, in the dayroom at the asylum.

Edited by SittingBull

3 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Apparently they turned the computers back on, in the dayroom at the asylum.

Nope we all got let out because it’s better to have crazy people running the streets than risk them catching the sniffles.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Just some stats I saw for people 20 - 45 said that they represent 30% of cases, 20% hospitalized and 12% of ICU cases.  

I have some doubt about all this isolation myself.  If other viruses calm down when warmer weather arrives, I would think part of that is because people start to go outdoors more.  All this staying indoors will prevent that part, if that is indeed part of the lowering of cases, from happening.

Critical cases are now down to 5% actually. 3 weeks ago it was around 18%.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

No one is staying locked in their houses for 18 months because of a virus

We'd descend into chaos long before 18 months, wouldn't we?

Just now, Brad said:

We descend into chaos long before 18 months, don't we?

It takes me roughly 5 minutes of no power or internet 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Gun sales are up, let's rock and roll.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

The Chinese Corona Virus would have never set foot on campus if CJL was still around.

Edited by lotsofbull99
  • Haha 1