• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

SittingBull

Coronavirus arrived on USF Campus

With no cure and no vaccine there’s really no way to control it. Except isolation. As tests become available there will be many more cases showing up. 

People act like this is a fine tuned killing machine but it’s just a dumb virus, it is so stupid that it tries to infect people by going to a place that is shutdown for the foreseeable future and yet people want to run in fear from it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People act like this is a fine tuned killing machine but it’s just a dumb virus, it is so stupid that it tries to infect people by going to a place that is shutdown for the foreseeable future and yet people want to run in fear from it.

Just some stats I saw for people 20 - 45 said that they represent 30% of cases, 20% hospitalized and 12% of ICU cases.  

I have some doubt about all this isolation myself.  If other viruses calm down when warmer weather arrives, I would think part of that is because people start to go outdoors more.  All this staying indoors will prevent that part, if that is indeed part of the lowering of cases, from happening.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just some stats I saw for people 20 - 45 said that they represent 30% of cases, 20% hospitalized and 12% of ICU cases.  

I have some doubt about all this isolation myself.  If other viruses calm down when warmer weather arrives, I would think part of that is because people start to go outdoors more.  All this staying indoors will prevent that part, if that is indeed part of the lowering of cases, from happening.

We have people that think the testicular cancer even though they have no testicles and have never had them. When all people see and hear 24 hours a day is about how everyone is sick the world is shutting down and they are in grave danger people will flock to hospitals and will be convinced that they are dying and we can’t let a little thing like reality get in the way of people’s need to be special and being part of their very own end of the world movie gives them that opportunity.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We have people that think the testicular cancer even though they have no testicles and have never had them. When all people see and hear 24 hours a day is about how everyone is sick the world is shutting down and they are in grave danger people will flock to hospitals and will be convinced that they are dying and we can’t let a little thing like reality get in the way of people’s need to be special and being part of their very own end of the world movie gives them that opportunity.

Hopefully people have enough sense to not flood the hospitals. I went to my doctor's office yesterday to pick up some health records because I thought he didn't accept my medicare advantage plan. They have not had to refer any cases for testing yet. But they are keeping people in their cars and going out to call them in when ready for them. 

Good news for me when I learned he DOES accept it. Been going to the same guy since we've moved down here.

Eventually this thing will touch everyone 

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Hopefully people have enough sense to not flood the hospitals. I went to my doctor's office yesterday to pick up some health records because I thought he didn't accept my medicare advantage plan. They have not had to refer any cases for testing yet. But they are keeping people in their cars and going out to call them in when ready for them. 

Good news for me when I learned he DOES accept it. Been going to the same guy since we've moved down here.

I live by the belief that as long as something isn’t observed and measured than it doesn’t exist, I never go to the doctor therefore I am never sick.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I live by the belief that as long as something isn’t observed and measured than it doesn’t exist, I never go to the doctor therefore I am never sick.

Spoken like a true millennial.  Hopefully you'll have enough sense to do the tests you need to do as  you age.

Your method worked for my mother. Never had a pap smear, mammogram or colonoscopy and lived to almost 96. Don't recommend it though.