• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate where we are going as a society

puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Don’t look now but more data means more of Puc always being right. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/26/dr_birx_coronavirus_data_doesnt_match_the_doomsday_media_predictions_or_analysis.html. I pray to G-d to one day be wrong so that everyone can see I have no problem admitting it, it just never happens.

Where you see proof of your position, I heard very clearly, at multiple points, "We don't have the numbers yet", "May be just the tip of the iceberg", "We need a large population of uninfected people for their antibodies and we don't have that yet", etc.  See around 1:30 and what follows.  When it comes to life and death, my requirements for proof are little more stringent that what I saw on that video.

I hope this becomes the "War of the Worlds" for the next generation.  I hope we string up anyone who purposely exaggerated this in any way.  But, as knowledgeable as you are, I'll get my news from the medical professionals.  And this one spent a lot of time saying "We don't know" or "We're looking into it".

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Where you see proof of your position, I heard very clearly, at multiple points, "We don't have the numbers yet", "May be just the tip of the iceberg", "We need a large population of uninfected people for their antibodies and we don't have that yet", etc.  See around 1:30 and what follows.  When it comes to life and death, my requirements for proof are little more stringent that what I saw on that video.

I hope this becomes the "War of the Worlds" for the next generation.  I hope we string up anyone who purposely exaggerated this in any way.  But, as knowledgeable as you are, I'll get my news from the medical professionals.  And this one spent a lot of time saying "We don't know" or "We're looking into it".

The numbers are most certainly artificially low for the reasons I identified very early on. The more data that comes in the less deadly this is obviously becoming. In controlled areas where spread was rampant as well as testing the numbers are bellow 1 percent even though the demographics is much older, ie cruise ships. This is quite obviously the tip of the iceberg when it comes to who is infected but all of the iceberg when it comes to who is hospitalized or dying. That more people have it than everyone wants to realize but the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths isn’t running rampant is why this is nothing but a reason for people to panic, buy stuff they don’t need, stay home and tank the economy. I am not afraid of aliens at all but I am more concerned about their takeover of the world than I am of the flu.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The numbers are most certainly artificially low for the reasons I identified very early on. The more data that comes in the less deadly this is obviously becoming. In controlled areas where spread was rampant as well as testing the numbers are bellow 1 percent even though the demographics is much older, ie cruise ships. This is quite obviously the tip of the iceberg when it comes to who is infected but all of the iceberg when it comes to who is hospitalized or dying. That more people have it than everyone wants to realize but the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths isn’t running rampant is why this is nothing but a reason for people to panic, buy stuff they don’t need, stay home and tank the economy.

If that's the case, then I offer my "special set of skills" to go pay a visit to whomever is responsible for an unnecessary panic.  I hope you are right.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Statistically they were right

I'm retired and home bound but I am not watching a 14 minute video. Break it down for me.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm retired and home bound but I am not watching a 14 minute video. Break it down for me.

Basically what I said, testing takes place only for the worst cases and deaths are the only thing readily confirmed which which will skew the rates up. This is obviously a fairly contagious disease which means way more people have it or have gotten over it and are not factored which means when you factor for them this is new but not much different than the vast majority of communicable diseases we ignore every single year. Also you did not respond to me about being a lovable arse and that made me sad. 

27 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

If that's the case, then I offer my "special set of skills" to go pay a visit to whomever is responsible for an unnecessary panic.  I hope you are right.

They didn't do it intentionally people just enjoy being swept into a panic.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

43 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

It was always a given the numbers would come down and that worst-case scenarios get their name because...for ****'s sake. The fact that people have to explain what a worst-case scenario is mind-boggling. And that's not directed at you. It's directed at the people who see a hurricane cone 10 days out and then claim the NOAA doesn't know anything when the hurricane hits somewhere else.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I am not afraid of aliens at all but I am more concerned about their takeover of the world than I am of the flu.

And you should be ..... the Reptilians are the real ******* deal.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

They didn't do it intentionally people just enjoy being swept into a panic.

I say we still let Grateful use his skills, there are way too many people out there deserving a long overdue old fashioned A$$ kicking.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Basically what I said, testing takes place only for the worst cases and deaths are the only thing readily confirmed which which will skew the rates up. This is obviously a fairly contagious disease which means way more people have it or have gotten over it and are not factored which means when you factor for them this is new but not much different than the vast majority of communicable diseases we ignore every single year. Also you did not respond to me about being a lovable arse and that made me sad. 

You've given me pause the last couple of weeks.  I'm trying to work through it.

• Haha 1