• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate where we are going as a society

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

On 3/23/2020 at 8:52 AM, smazza said:

i would have kept the economy in tact and poured money to help the most vulnverable among us and health care industry

Technically that's what they are ramping up, which I believe is why we are inside right now.  That and collecting actual data.  I think from a strategic perspective, they had to at least try this for a short amount of time to let people see what it is like and gather information.  Personally, I would rather die than be on indefinite lockdowns.  Of course, the bummer is that by me not caring I might make other people die.  

As for the concern that people are dying, yes.  Unfortunately you can't lock all of society in their house for a year waiting for the vaccine while society plunges into anarchy, so probably the best move is to ramp medical capabilities as much as possible and then mitigate.  It doesn't sound pretty, but what else can we do?  I've been thinking this since day one that the strategy of locking people in their houses indefinitely doesn't check out logically at all.  It caused me a lot of stress and anxiety because it makes no sense.  We can't wait for a vaccine, therefore people will die.  All we can do is try to reduce death, but every new case that doesn't die is a victory in building immunity.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Don’t look now but more data means more of Puc always being right. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/26/dr_birx_coronavirus_data_doesnt_match_the_doomsday_media_predictions_or_analysis.html. I pray to G-d to one day be wrong so that everyone can see I have no problem admitting it, it just never happens.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Don’t look now but more data means more of Puc always being right. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/26/dr_birx_coronavirus_data_doesnt_match_the_doomsday_media_predictions_or_analysis.html. I pray to G-d to one day be wrong so that everyone can see I have no problem admitting it, it just never happens.

Jesus... you're using a White House PR person as your proof this morning? You're dying for someone to argue with today.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Jesus... you're using a White House PR person as your proof this morning? You're dying for someone to argue with today.

I can neither confirm or deny that accusation so I will simply pivot to I will not be dying from Covid-19, why you may ask? Because math.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I can neither confirm or deny that accusation so I will simply pivot to I will not be dying from Covid-19, why you may ask? Because math.

I want to make a joke about how this has the potential to age very poorly... 

Just now, JTrue said:

I want to make a joke about how this has the potential to age very poorly... 

I am so positive that I will not die from Covid-19 that I promise to never post on thebullspen.com again if I do in-fact defy the odds and die from the new flu.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am so positive that I will not die from Covid-19 that I promise to never post on thebullspen.com again if I do in-fact defy the odds and die from the new flu.

If I win, can I make your statement my signature just to rub it in your face?

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If I win, can I make your statement my signature just to rub it in your face?

Absolutely. Also please have me stuffed and bring me to the games like Bernie Lomax with a shirt that says Puc86 was finally wrong and all he got was this stupid shirt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

That 17 year old that died may have said the same thing.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

That 17 year old that died may have said the same thing.

Statistically they were right