Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

puc86

I hate where we are going as a society

Recommended Posts

I hate where we are going as a society; I would pray for the sweet release of death from the Corona Virus but there is a better chance of me dying from a paper cut.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I hate where we are going as a society; I would pray for the sweet release of death from the Corona Virus but there is a better chance of me dying from a paper cut.

Maybe this will help you feel better about making decisions.  Michael Kelly tweeted the link.

http://gretchenschmelzer.com/blog-1/2020/3/10/can-we-make-this-our-finest-hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe this will help you feel better about making decisions.  Michael Kelly tweeted the link.

http://gretchenschmelzer.com/blog-1/2020/3/10/can-we-make-this-our-finest-hour

We could make things are finest hour when we had actual leaders and we believed things like we had nothing to fear but fear itself. There is nothing noble about shutting down the world for a communicable disease it is dumb and untenable. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We could make things are finest hour when we had actual leaders and we believed things like we had nothing to fear but fear itself. There is nothing noble about shutting down the world for a communicable disease it is dumb and untenable. 

You are changing my mind about you.  Thought you liked to argue for the fun of it. Your position on this makes me question your true motivation.

Here are stats that show closed cases resulted in 8% deaths. Not quite the common cold.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are changing my mind about you.  Thought you liked to argue for the fun of it. Your position on this makes me question your true motivation.

Here are stats that show closed cases resulted in 8% deaths. Not quite the common cold.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

A) most young people are Asymptomatic which means they don’t get tested, don’t get hospitalized don’t get sick and certainly don’t die.

B) that only the sickest get tested certainly skus the numbers 

C) dying closes the case, how does a normal case become closed?

D) the numbers really only look bad in America in nursing homes in Washington

E) I am motivated by actually liking society and not wanting to destroy it 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with puc. destroying a great economy makes no sense..... protect the most vulnverable  and amp up the heath care profession

puc you must come to madcow board

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smazza said:

i agree with puc. destroying a great economy makes no sense..... protect the most vulnverable  and amp up the heath care profession

In order to amp up the healthcare profession, lawyers should be repurposed into hospital sanitation specialists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

In order to amp up the healthcare profession, lawyers should be repurposed into hospital sanitation specialists.

Do you think they would be qualified?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real mortality rate based on cruise where everyone was tested and South Korea where everyone is getting tested points to 0.9% not 8%. It’s still high and will overwhelm the system since most of us will end up catching it. It has high mortality rate for generally unhealthy or elderly people. Problem is I know some of them and don’t want them sick and dying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Real mortality rate based on cruise where everyone was tested and South Korea where everyone is getting tested points to 0.9% not 8%. It’s still high and will overwhelm the system since most of us will end up catching it. It has high mortality rate for generally unhealthy or elderly people. Problem is I know some of them and don’t want them sick and dying. 

What if we tried quarantining the at risk and then when the normal healthy people have become immune and not contagious let the vulnerable back into society. That plan actually has a prayer of working because it does not take 18 months at a minimum and force us to ruin our lives for something that is not dangerous at all for a normal healthy young person.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...