• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

Sign in to follow this  
JTrue

Covid and Education - Move Where Appropriate

Posted (edited)

I’ve been in education for over 20 years. Taught classes from 6th through college. Mostly social studies, but I can find my way around science, language arts, basic math at a C+ level. If you need any help the next few weeks with your kids at home, let me know. If I can’t directly help, I have no doubt I know someone who can.

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I’ve been in education for over 20 years. Taught classes from 6th through college. Mostly social studies, but I can find my way around science, language arts, basic math at a C+ level. If you need any help the next few weeks with your kids at home, let me know. If I can’t directly help, I have no doubt I know someone who can.

That is jtruly nice if you. Our daughter is with Florida virtual and they are going to be working with classroom teachers to help them adjust to the online world.

Classy move @JTrue

I think here's a good a place as any, for awhile anyway ......

• Upvote 1

If anyone needs help with psychology (the subject not your issues 😁) or statistics, I can help.  Also, I think I am still qualified to order and administer standardized testing, if that needs to occur at a remote site.  I was the testing coordinator at HCC a long time ago.  Any way I can help, let me know.

If anyone needs help with accounting, don't let me know because we are still required to put in 60 hour minimums for the foreseeable future 🙄

I teach K-5 Science but have taught in elementary school for 25 years (USF College of Ed. Class of '94).  If you have a need across the curriculum, I can help find you resources.  Stay healthy!

Posted (edited)

Just announced:  No school through 4/12, no school grades, no testing.

My wife is going to be on a Covid-19 task force for the school system.  Just great...

Edited by Ricky the Bull

If anyone is up for a virtual class, I'm going to be teaching the following:

a) 7th grade early American history, mostly the Constitution and early politics 

b) AMH 2020 - we're right about at the Great Depression at the moment, but I have to get them squared away with the state's Civic Literacy requirement, so that's coming down the pike

c) some Catholic religion classes, if your soul needs some cleansing

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, JTrue said:

If anyone is up for a virtual class, I'm going to be teaching the following:

a) 7th grade early American history, mostly the Constitution and early politics 

b) AMH 2020 - we're right about at the Great Depression at the moment, but I have to get them squared away with the state's Civic Literacy requirement, so that's coming down the pike

c) some Catholic religion classes, if your soul needs some cleansing

Heck, yeah.  I'd watch those.  Seventh grade is about my speed.  We watch the college history classes on CSPAN when they are on.  Good stuff.

Edited by Grateful Dad

On 3/16/2020 at 6:44 PM, CousinRicky said:

That is jtruly nice if you. Our daughter is with Florida virtual and they are going to be working with classroom teachers to help them adjust to the online world.

Classy move @JTrue

HAHA

you havent heard his prices yet  lol