• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Spring Fitness

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

🤷‍♂️ What can I tell ya I was like 5 years old..😂 Consequently it’s not so much the music or song as the memories. 

If I learned anything from 1994-2004, it’s that a good concert is one I don’t remember much of.

• Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

Three Dog Night was my first concert.  Was at Curtis Hixon Hall, which was the main concert venue in the day.

I think I wore out the "Around the World" album.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

Went to Curtis Hixon more times than I can remember.

Up in the mountains where we live now we have an old, dated music hall with wooden church pew type seats. Not much to look at and maybe holds a few thousand tops. But they really do bring some good shows here. Three Dog Night came last year. We bought tickets and saw Blood, Sweat & Tears last fall. Not one original band member was in the group, but they had such great musicians they could certainly fool you with their sound. Funny thing was at 65 years old I felt like I was one of the youngest in the whole crowd that night.

Edited by Sierra048

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Did they play “out in the country”? One of my favorite childhood songs. 

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Had plans that initially kept us from attending but those plans got Corona'd and completely forgot about Busch being open until Monday. May have gone if remembered. Saw them last year at Ruth Eckerd and even though not the same as when all three, or even two, of the leads were with them, still a pretty good **** show. First time I had heard "Prayer of the Children" and thought it was stunning ..... hopefully they're still including it.

and NEB, "Out in the Country" was one of their weakest songs .... You must like ABBA.

They did play Out in the Country.  And, like NEB, I loved that song too.  Amazing how many memorable songs they had.  And they did do Prayer of the Children.  Was shocked how good they sounded on that song because on a few of the songs their voices didn't really sound all that great. But doing that one a cappella they were spot on.  Usually when older groups say "We're going to do one of the tracks off our new album" it is time for a bathroom run.  One of the leads actually asked people not to do that.  I stuck around and was glad I did.  

Wanted to point out that when talking with Jim, they blocked out every other row for the indoor venue where the Beatles' tribute band played.  And for the big outdoor concert they placed the benches at what looked to be 5 or 6 feet apart.  

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Our neighborhood gym is still open - so far.  Wipe the machines before and after. Don't trust the people before me to have done the job.  Of course I'm not the smartest guy in the world and went to Busch Gardens today to see Three Dog Night.  Brought wipes and sanitizer but they had Purell all over the place.  Can't totally stop living. We were told that they plan on reopening on April 1st from a worker but Jim Ragsdale, a USF fan and COO over there, told us that he really has no idea.  

you probably saw 1 dog night. i think 2 original members left the band.

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

you probably saw 1 dog night. i think 2 original members left the band.

There may have been no original guys for all I know.  But one guy said he was 72 so he was either original or they hired on an old guy whose voice had seen better days to make him seem original.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

There may have been no original guys for all I know.  But one guy said he was 72 so he was either original or they hired on an old guy whose voice had seen better days to make him seem original.

There were two original last year, one lead singer, Danny Hutton and the lead guitarist, a kinda short, red haired (obviously dyed) guy. I think the rest of the original have died except for one of the other lead singers, Chuck Negron, who left the band 40 years ago due to drugs and still tours solo.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

There were two original last year, one lead singer, Danny Hutton and the lead guitarist, a kinda short, red haired (obviously dyed) guy. I think the rest of the original have died except for one of the other lead singers, Chuck Negron, who left the band 40 years ago due to drugs and still tours solo.

So it’s basically a cover band...I would not waste my time. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So it’s basically a cover band...I would not waste my time. 

I am sure nowadays you are far too busy to waste your time 😀