• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA to Consider Seniors Getting Extra Year for Winter Sports????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

That is the question

Yeah......I really hope they don't botch this. There could be a ripple effect through multiple HS classes. On top of of the athletes that lost a year of playing.  Feel like the NCAA hit the panic button too quickly here. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yeah......I really hope they don't botch this. There could be a ripple effect through multiple HS classes. On top of of the athletes that lost a year of playing.  Feel like the NCAA hit the panic button too quickly here. 

They did however the right thing to do is move on, life is not fair, the earlier these kids figure this out is the better,  We either move forward or backward.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

They did however the right thing to do is move on, life is not fair, the earlier these kids figure this out is the better,  We either move forward or backward.

You can’t know the right thing was to cancel, postpone yes but to hit the panic button and cancel will cause consequences that might not need to happen and the decision to cancel could have been made later 

my comments are mostly pertaining to spring sports. I conceded  that winter sports night have had to move on due to the regular season being played.

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

I agreed with you they did botch it, however had to follow the masses, winter sports done, spring maybe either way we move on to fall sports

Guest Jonesy Bull
33 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

You can’t know the right thing was to cancel, postpone yes but to hit the panic button and cancel will cause consequences that might not need to happen and the decision to cancel could have been made later 

my comments are mostly pertaining to spring sports. I conceded  that winter sports night have had to move on due to the regular season being played.

Agree there should be more flexibility with the Spring sports until this runs its course.

The NBA players testing positive changed everything.  Once that happened and fans and other teams became exposed.  It was all over.  No stopping the domino effect,  and the entire American Sports world was doomed to comply.....not saying its wrong or right.  Probably leaning on the side of caution is the right play here....even though it totally sucks for us hard core sports fans.