• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So who is going to win the QB competition?

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Eh... I think it is completely fair to judge him on arm strength and hitting open receivers, not quite as fair to judge him on production and decision making just yet. 

Yeah with that awesome OL, terrible route running and structure wirh the receiving core, and terrible ciaching preparation and game planning.

Yep- totally fair assessment for Jordan.....are you fn serious????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah with that awesome OL, terrible route running and structure wirh the receiving core, and terrible ciaching preparation and game planning.

Yep- totally fair assessment for Jordan.....are you fn serious????

Exactly the things I wouldn't judge him on.

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Exactly the things I wouldn't judge him on.

I respect you and your opinion.  Not trying to be difficult.

Just saying we dont have enough real data to judge him yet.  Players can make a big jump with a year of growth and better coaching.

That said, still think Fortin at this early stage seems to have the most upside......I just somebody emerges as THE MAN!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I respect you and your opinion.  Not trying to be difficult.

Just saying we dont have enough real data to judge him yet.  Players can make a big jump with a year of growth and better coaching.

That said, still think Fortin at this early stage seems to have the most upside......I just somebody emerges as THE MAN!

Absolutely. But I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of pages devoted to the competition between now and August that don't have a lot of reason behind them. I'm just saying that with what I saw last year, trying to remove the coaching, scheme, etc. from the equation and just looking at raw QB skills, I hope Fortin brings more to the table. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, JTrue said:

Absolutely. But I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of pages devoted to the competition between now and August that don't have a lot of reason behind them. I'm just saying that with what I saw last year, trying to remove the coaching, scheme, etc. from the equation and just looking at raw QB skills, I hope Fortin brings more to the table. 

Thats fair!

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

This has to be Fortin's job to lose, right?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Everyone knows that the best qb on any team is the backup unless of course there is a transfer in which case they are probably going to be the best qb in program history. Not every program is blessed with an offensive line as historically stout as ours coupled with record breaking offensive schemes once a qb is blessed with our bounty there really is nothing that can hold them back from being a day one draft pick.