• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

My Take on Rod Smith

I thought he had a brilliant game plan against Louisville.  However, for him to expect the end arounds and reverses to work against a team that had seen us do that before was ludicris.  Even the Pitt fans were saying it wouldn't work against them.

With that being said, after you try it once or even twice, you should have known that Pitt was ready for it.

I blame this loss more on Rod, than I do the players (although they have their share of the blame).

Members do not see this ad, Register

I would agree, SC...

Rod Smith prepared a bad game plan, called a bad game, and failed to make adjustments.  He looked as bad as Mike Hobbie ever did.  I would start the Fire Rod Smith thread, but he called good plays against PSU, UofL, and Miami (the players failed that game)... so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he can't find the right combination against WVU this week, then there might be a need to revisit my position. For now, I would say that Rod Smith should be placed on double secret probation.

I don't understand why you bring in an option quarterback deep in your own end and pass the ball 3 times. idiotic. I think Denson could be effective as an option QB with his speed. Put both Ponton and Hall back there and shove it down their throats. Play smash mouth. Enough of the spread until we get a QB who can pass consistently. It's time to fit the system to the players. It's obvious these players don't fit the system!!

I would agree, SC...

Rod Smith prepared a bad game plan, called a bad game, and failed to make adjustments.  He looked as bad as Mike Hobbie ever did.  I would start the Fire Rod Smith thread, but he called good plays against PSU, UofL, and Miami (the players failed that game)... so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he can't find the right combination against WVU this week, then there might be a need to revisit my position. For now, I would say that Rod Smith should be placed on double secret probation.

I would still blame Smith and his supporting offensive staff. These kids are not executing out there and I know many don't agree but that just points to poor coaching. Once in a while fine but for 3 years straight? I'm sorry but the coaches aren't doing their jobs in properly preparing the kids.

Guest S.  Bien
smith is in way over his head

as he was as a qb coach

the tip off is to see such a young guy soooooooo out of shape

I hate it when smazza is right!  BUt he's right on about this one.

Last year our defense had problems, but we had faith because we had good coaches and they fixed the glitch.  The offense has had three years of problems, they've known the glitches, and yet they still have no answers.

Pat Julmiste can't be blamed, not for losing in the manner we have.  The kid is worlds better than he was last year, but probably still not where he needs to be to execute this type of offense.

hes flat out garbage!!!! START LOOKING FOR A NEW CORDINATOR FOR NEXT YEAR that will end that problem. keep spreading 5 wide and letting julmiste take off for 2 yard gains WAY TO GO!