• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS ranked 8th in new hires

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

For the record, I foresaw the downfall of Miss Cleo before she did.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Just curious, what kind of "evidence" could one possess on something like that?  There really isn't any real evidence documenting speculation, right?  Maybe the right word is not evidence.  That's sort of a conversation stopper for 95% of people's opinions here.

When one speaks as if it’s a matter of fact, the retort of “provide evidence” is more than applicable. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Brad said:

But that's not the evidence NEB is seeking.  He's seeking evidence of speculation around a particular claim actually becoming successful in the future, were it to happen.

back to the future abandon thread GIF

It’s more than a “particular claim” or “speculation” the statement by Puc was stated in a way as as if it was a fait accompli. So again, I want evidence. If it can’t be provided (which it can’t) then it’s not true.         

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Days Won:  56

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Speculation.  Perhaps true.  I think about a premier elite level club coach out here.  I've known him for 15 years.  Some would call him a nut.  He's an emotional leader, but also knows the game extremely well.  He's broken numerous clipboards and chairs.  He has also met with an abundance of success.  He is a hot commodity and will likely be coaching at the college level next.   I guess if there had been a story about him choking the last ounce of life out of an innocent teen at halftime of a big game, he'd probably be blackballed too, if for no other reason than pure ignorance.

Yep, it is definitely speculation, but perhaps a more likely reason he hasn’t gotten another head coaching job. He clearly has the chops.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/5/2020 at 7:34 AM, brybull1970 said:

I feel fortunate that Kelly was able to land Scott. For the first time in a while, I feel like we may be catching a coach at the beginning of his career wave. Just hope he doesn;t turn out to be another Antigua - an assistant coach who road the coattails of a very successful program and head coach, but all great (and bad) head coaches typically were assistants somewhere!

you make a good point but i think we got a good one