• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS ranked 8th in new hires

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hate it when I have to google your responses to figure out where you picked up a phrase. I obviously lead a far too busy life to be troubled with this aggravation.  35 concussions ain’t no joke, not sure what you are doing to continue to get them but my medical opinion is to stop it immediately,  CTE is real.  I know you live once but you can find other ways to amuse yourself rather than getting knocked silly.

Is there really that much of a difference between 35 and 36? The last one was my head hitting the the side of my head on the ice when I took an elbow to the head but that was the first one in a long while.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is there really that much of a difference between 35 and 36? The last one was my head hitting the the side of my head on the ice when I took an elbow to the head but that was the first one in a long while.

Not really I guess, damage is done, the bright side is we don’t live forever.  I absolutely love hockey but did not play growing up, it was an expensive sport in the Midwest, probably everywhere. I would not stop yet, but you are about 3-5 years away from pulling muscles you did not know you had, enjoy it while you can.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,068
  • Days Won:  56

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No we were not ALWAYS moving up with JL...do the research before making that statement. At best we were plateauing.

We hit the ****** when we hired Skip but the other coaches did not have the JL advantage of being able to recruit for a national championship. 

No evidence at all JL would have “mopped the floor” in this conference. In fact he still can’t get a HC in a lesser conference as no AD believes in him as a successful coach. 

No AD wants to work with him is a more likely scenario. Word gets around. Jim is a nut.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No AD wants to work with him is a more likely scenario. Word gets around. Jim is a nut.

Him being a nut was why he was so appealing, no reason to continue this tired argument, we are where we are and let’s make the most of the hand we are dealt.  I wish I could go in the past at times and enjoy a young hottie however those days are past and I will enjoy my old hottie, either way life has been good.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

On 3/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, brybull1970 said:

Just hope he doesn;t turn out to be another Antigua - an assistant coach who road the coattails of a very successful program and head coach, but all great (and bad) head coaches typically were assistants somewhere!

I feel the same way.  But I've learned that's part of accepting USF's role as a stepping stone in the world of CFB.  You pay millions to see if a guy can coach well enough to leave your school.  Then you say thanks and try to do it again.  Odds of any long term success?  Zero.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:20 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

You have no evidence that CJL would have done any better ...

Just curious, what kind of "evidence" could one possess on something like that?  There really isn't any real evidence documenting speculation, right?  Maybe the right word is not evidence.  That's sort of a conversation stopper for 95% of people's opinions here.

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Just curious, what kind of "evidence" could one possess on something like that?  There really isn't any real evidence documenting speculation, right?  Maybe the right word is not evidence.  That's sort of a conversation stopper for 95% of people's opinions here.

The best evidence of future performance is past performance. Consistently while facing tougher competition CJL preformed significantly better than the slew of coaches that proceeded him. CJL was also stringing together his best recruiting classes and the program was still on such an upward trajectory that even Skippy couldn’t ruin it in his first year. The we could do better crowd was dead wrong and every year the evidence gets more damning which is why they think time is the only reason we ought to move on.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The best evidence of future performance is past performance.

But that's not the evidence NEB is seeking.  He's seeking evidence of speculation around a particular claim actually becoming successful in the future, were it to happen.

back to the future abandon thread GIF

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Speculation.  Perhaps true.  I think about a premier elite level club coach out here.  I've known him for 15 years.  Some would call him a nut.  He's an emotional leader, but also knows the game extremely well.  He's broken numerous clipboards and chairs.  He has also met with an abundance of success.  He is a hot commodity and will likely be coaching at the college level next.   I guess if there had been a story about him choking the last ounce of life out of an innocent teen at halftime of a big game, he'd probably be blackballed too, if for no other reason than pure ignorance.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

But that's not the evidence NEB is seeking.  He's seeking evidence of speculation around a particular claim actually becoming successful in the future, were it to happen.

back to the future abandon thread GIF

Oh, well before she died I called Miss Cleo and after 25 short minutes she assured me that CJL would have won more games in a parallel universe that lacked a cabal of judases. I am the leader in the clubhouse when it comes to knowledge of things unknown and will wait with baited breath for anyone to attempt to prove otherwise.