• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS ranked 8th in new hires

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Saying someone hit a player is not quite the same as saying someone put a kid with a concussion into a dark room but thanks for playing.

Yeah whatever...one is a slap and the other could have killed him (nonvint hot room with a concussion)...but thanks for playing...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah whatever...one is a slap and the other could have killed him (nonvint hot room with a concussion)...but thanks for playing...

As someone who has has no fewer than 35 concussions I can assure you that they are not a big deal and certainly very few people ever die from one (unless it’s from blowing your brains out decades later).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

As someone who has has no fewer than 35 concussions I can assure you that they are not a big deal and certainly very few people ever die from one (unless it’s from blowing your brains out decades later).

I’ve had three back in the day. But unlike then they are treated much more seriously today. For a coach to be so blasé about a young man who had one is most certainly a question of character. 

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve had three back in the day. But unlike then they are treated much more seriously today. For a coach to be so blasé about a young man who had one is most certainly a question of character. 

My most recent one was a couple of months ago and it didn’t feel anymore life threatening than the others. I puked a little, slept a little, struggled with too much light, struggled with light transitions, couldn’t exercise or play sports,  was confused a lot and then miracled my way to recovery. At no point did I think my life was endanger and I would have loved to be alone in a dark room. What treatment was he supposed to be dolling out because it it seems like a dark room, alone sounds glorious and exactly what the doctor ordered. Now if he had gave him smelling salts, said suck it up and then had him run Oklahoma’s I would see that maybe his judgment should be questioned but removing him from contact and letting him rest in the dark, not so much.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

I   was confused a lot 

not to make light .... but this could explain a lot ...... 

Just now, chapelbull said:

not to make light .... but this could explain a lot ...... 

Funny it was only a week or two 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

This explains much about your posting. We'll be more understanding from now on.  😉

Edit: And seriously, I hope you don't suffer any long term effects as you age. Pretty sure you are a relatively young guy.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Funny it was only a week or two 

says you ...... 😃

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

This explains much about your posting. We'll be more understanding from now on.  😉

Edit: And seriously, I hope you don't suffer any long term effects as you age. Pretty sure you are a relatively young guy.

5 hours ago, chapelbull said:

says you ...... 😃

I thought I responded to this hours ago.... don’t forget worry cuz if you can’t laugh at your impending doom what can you laugh at? We are but fortunes fools.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

We are but fortunes fools.

I hate it when I have to google your responses to figure out where you picked up a phrase. I obviously lead a far too busy life to be troubled with this aggravation.  35 concussions ain’t no joke, not sure what you are doing to continue to get them but my medical opinion is to stop it immediately,  CTE is real.  I know you live once but you can find other ways to amuse yourself rather than getting knocked silly.