• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Cincinnati Game Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Brad is there any functionality on the message board for me to block this clown so I don't need to see this ********? If not, warm up the Penalty Box because I am going to rip him to shreds and its not going to be pretty.

lol, you completely make something up and I'm the clown .... :slapmax: It's really not that hard .......  it really isn't, but carry on

I think the TBP needs a mental health plan 

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well I guess Brad’s message didn’t work 😂😂

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Brad is there any functionality on the message board for me to block this clown so I don't need to see this ********? If not, warm up the Penalty Box because I am going to rip him to shreds and its not going to be pretty.

the penalty box....my old home

brybull makes good points( does the third man in rule apply here?)

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well I guess Brad’s message didn’t work 😂😂

Apparently not and apparently not the first time for the guy ....... 

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I do agree with chapelbull that the level of competition in many of these games has been good and quality opponents aren't just going to roll over. 

Seriously, the dude needs some serious mental health help ...... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

It worked for me.

Back to discussing why we can't seem to close out games in the second half of games. IMO, its one or more of the following:

• Gregory gets away from the schemes that have worked for the first 30 minutes of games
  • Gregory sticks with the schemes that have worked for the first 30 minutes of games, but the players are doing their own thing instead, and choking hard with whatever on-floor mutiny is occuring (I really think this is less likely)
  • Opposing coaches are adjusting  late (e.g. FSU press) and USF's coaching staff is completely unprepared and cannot counter-adjust or our guys aren't talented enough to handle the press

I do agree with chapelbull that the level of competition in many of these games has been good and quality opponents aren't just going to roll over. But when watching these games the entire offense falls apart and the defense - particularly the interior - gets soft. It's almost like the Bulls remember they are the Bulls and its now its also a mental hurdle.

Mostly agree but in this last game we were just outsized with JB playing the 4.  But we've discussed this before.

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Mostly agree but in this last game we were just outsized with JB playing the 4.  But we've discussed this before.

We don't have the ball handlers right now to handle these better teams when they turn up the defensive pressure.  And it's fairly obvious that an offensive strategy of CBG is to get to the line as often as possible probably to help make up for the lackluster shooting.  Inside we've been pushed around more or less by teams with better guys down low or at least more aggressive.   That was what was impressive about the win against ECU.  We did a great job of neutralizing their stud.  But they really didn't have the same kind of options away from him either

Guest Jonesy Bull

I was just an observer back in the days of the penalty box, so don't know much about it.  

It may be somewhere earlier in this thread, but is there certain criteria for a person to be put in the "box"?  I know the basics:  refrain from personal attacks, bad/threatening language, etc.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I was just an observer back in the days of the penalty box, so don't know much about it.  

It may be somewhere earlier in this thread, but is there certain criteria for a person to be put in the "box"?  I know the basics:  refrain from personal attacks, bad/threatening language, etc.  

Making irrelevant and ignorant posts like asking about the criteria for the penalty box puts you at risk, you are on thin ice bro, I will be keeping an eye on you.

Guest Jonesy Bull
40 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Making irrelevant and ignorant posts like asking about the criteria for the penalty box puts you at risk, you are on thin ice bro, I will be keeping an eye on you.

I see, you are part of the Penalty Box Mafia.  I"ll be more careful.  I don't want to be swimming with the fishes!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I see, you are part of the Penalty Box Mafia.  I"ll be more careful!!

😀,  I live in a glass house but still enjoy throwing stones.

• Haha 1