Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

Triple B

USF vs Cincinnati Game Discussion

Recommended Posts

Four guys just stand around and watch as the free throw shooter gets his own board - smdh.

Pathetic effort and CBG has every right to be fired up right there.

These guys folded like a cheap tent tonight and should be ashamed at this effort in the last 5 minutes of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we have a new choke to add to the books this year:

  • Nebraska - tied 53-53 with 11:02 left and lose by 6
  • Utah State - up 4 with 1:07 left and lose in OT by 2
  • Florida State - up 10 with 6:14 left and only score 3 points the rest of the way and lose by 6
  • at ECU - up 2 with 2:42 left and only score 2 points the rest of the way and lose by 3
  • Memphis - up 14 with 12:59 left and lose by 4
  • at UCF - up 5 with 1:58 left then went scoreless the rest of the way to lose by 1
  • Wichita State - down 1 with 13:49 left and only scored 8 points the rest of the game and lose by 13
  • at Wichita State - tied 45-45 with 6:10 left and we lose by 10
  • at UConn - tied 51-51 with 7:43 left and we lose by 7
  • Cincinnati - up 13 with 12:49 left and are outscored 36-11 the rest of the game to lose by 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No words. None.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Looks like we have a new choke to add to the books this year:

  • Nebraska - tied 53-53 with 11:02 left and lose by 6
  • Utah State - up 4 with 1:07 left and lose in OT by 2
  • Florida State - up 10 with 6:14 left and only score 3 points the rest of the way and lose by 6
  • at ECU - up 2 with 2:42 left and only score 2 points the rest of the way and lose by 3
  • Memphis - up 14 with 12:59 left and lose by 4
  • at UCF - up 5 with 1:58 left then went scoreless the rest of the way to lose by 1
  • Wichita State - down 1 with 13:49 left and only scored 8 points the rest of the game and lose by 13
  • at Wichita State - tied 45-45 with 6:10 left and we lose by 10
  • at UConn - tied 51-51 with 7:43 left and we lose by 7
  • Cincinnati - up 13 with 12:49 left and are outscored 36-11 the rest of the game to lose by 12

I hate watching this movie over and over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO LEADERSHIP  form this group

winning and losing  is a habit

9 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Looks like we have a new choke to add to the books this year:

  • Nebraska - tied 53-53 with 11:02 left and lose by 6
  • Utah State - up 4 with 1:07 left and lose in OT by 2
  • Florida State - up 10 with 6:14 left and only score 3 points the rest of the way and lose by 6
  • at ECU - up 2 with 2:42 left and only score 2 points the rest of the way and lose by 3
  • Memphis - up 14 with 12:59 left and lose by 4
  • at UCF - up 5 with 1:58 left then went scoreless the rest of the way to lose by 1
  • Wichita State - down 1 with 13:49 left and only scored 8 points the rest of the game and lose by 13
  • at Wichita State - tied 45-45 with 6:10 left and we lose by 10
  • at UConn - tied 51-51 with 7:43 left and we lose by 7
  • Cincinnati - up 13 with 12:49 left and are outscored 36-11 the rest of the game to lose by 12

impressive bry--  you made your case

we should find the defendant guilty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre game CBG talked about how JB was going to be at a disadvantage trying to defend a guy much taller and heavier than him.  Cinci didn't take advantage of that until the point we were up by 13. Came out of the timeout and iso'd their number 13 against JB.  It wasn't until about 3 or 4 minutes to go that CBG switched Durr onto him and then he proceeded to go right over Durr for a score.  

It was nice to see him finally make the switch BUT did he ever consider using Antun and Durr on the court at the same time?  I would have sat Collins or X and for spell and gone with the 2 bigs to see if maybe that would work. I know it would hurt on the offensive end but they abused us with that matchup.  And, honestly, how much worse could we have been offensively.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pre game CBG talked about how JB was going to be at a disadvantage trying to defend a guy much taller and heavier than him.  Cinci didn't take advantage of that until the point we were up by 13. Came out of the timeout and iso'd their number 13 against JB.  It wasn't until about 3 or 4 minutes to go that CBG switched Durr onto him and then he proceeded to go right over Durr for a score.  

It was nice to see him finally make the switch BUT did he ever consider using Antun and Durr on the court at the same time?  I would have sat Collins or X and for spell and gone with the 2 bigs to see if maybe that would work. I know it would hurt on the offensive end but they abused us with that matchup.  And, honestly, how much worse could we have been offensively.   

I would have liked to have seen Mack in that situation - at 260 lbs. he could have moved him off his spot  as well. But Mack never saw the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brybull1970 said:

I would have liked to have seen Mack in that situation - at 260 lbs. he could have moved him off his spot  as well. But Mack never saw the court.

Good point. Had forgotten about him - as has CBG.  Mack wouldn't be the end all but give him a shot just for his size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Good point. Had forgotten about him - as has CBG.  Mack wouldn't be the end all but give him a shot just for his size.

I think Mack is a potential transfer casualty - he averages the third fewest minutes per game on the team and will find it even more challenging to see the court next year with Yetna returning and the addition of Anderson and Okpomo. He's originally for the Carolinas and got alot of looks from schools there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smazza said:

NO LEADERSHIP  form this group

winning and losing  is a habit

impressive bry--  you made your case

we should find the defendant guilty

Gregory absolutely gets a pass on this season, but we are starting to see clear deficiencies that, if unaddressed in the off season, could be our own undoing next season when the roster should be better and deeper.

This reminds me a little of what I saw from the football team early in 2018 when we jumped out to a 7-0 start but anyone who had their eyes open knew that team has issues, and it led to the program's downfall. If Gregory can't run a more diverse offense late in games and/or get his players to run it, then the 2020-21 season is going to be ugly compared to the expectations that have been already laid out.

Remember this is a coach who hasn't finished any higher than 7th in conference any of his last 10 seasons, and sat out a year when he got fired from Georgia Tech. There is a reason why the only phone call we got was from USF. We needed him and he needed USF. He did a great job putting out the Antigua fire, but I have serious concerns about his ability to get this team to ever finish in the upper half of the conference, when we see his offense and defense crap the bed late in games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...