• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Cincinnati Game Discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,624
  • Days Won:  6

30 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Looks like we have a new choke to add to the books this year:

• Nebraska - tied 53-53 with 11:02 left and lose by 6
  • Utah State - up 4 with 1:07 left and lose in OT by 2
  • Florida State - up 10 with 6:14 left and only score 3 points the rest of the way and lose by 6
  • at ECU - up 2 with 2:42 left and only score 2 points the rest of the way and lose by 3
  • Memphis - up 14 with 12:59 left and lose by 4
  • at UCF - up 5 with 1:58 left then went scoreless the rest of the way to lose by 1
  • Wichita State - down 1 with 13:49 left and only scored 8 points the rest of the game and lose by 13
  • at Wichita State - tied 45-45 with 6:10 left and we lose by 10
  • at UConn - tied 51-51 with 7:43 left and we lose by 7
  • Cincinnati - up 13 with 12:49 left and are outscored 36-11 the rest of the game to lose by 12

I hate watching this movie over and over and over again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

NO LEADERSHIP  form this group

winning and losing  is a habit

9 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Looks like we have a new choke to add to the books this year:

• Nebraska - tied 53-53 with 11:02 left and lose by 6
  • Utah State - up 4 with 1:07 left and lose in OT by 2
  • Florida State - up 10 with 6:14 left and only score 3 points the rest of the way and lose by 6
  • at ECU - up 2 with 2:42 left and only score 2 points the rest of the way and lose by 3
  • Memphis - up 14 with 12:59 left and lose by 4
  • at UCF - up 5 with 1:58 left then went scoreless the rest of the way to lose by 1
  • Wichita State - down 1 with 13:49 left and only scored 8 points the rest of the game and lose by 13
  • at Wichita State - tied 45-45 with 6:10 left and we lose by 10
  • at UConn - tied 51-51 with 7:43 left and we lose by 7
  • Cincinnati - up 13 with 12:49 left and are outscored 36-11 the rest of the game to lose by 12

impressive bry--  you made your case

we should find the defendant guilty

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

Pre game CBG talked about how JB was going to be at a disadvantage trying to defend a guy much taller and heavier than him.  Cinci didn't take advantage of that until the point we were up by 13. Came out of the timeout and iso'd their number 13 against JB.  It wasn't until about 3 or 4 minutes to go that CBG switched Durr onto him and then he proceeded to go right over Durr for a score.  

It was nice to see him finally make the switch BUT did he ever consider using Antun and Durr on the court at the same time?  I would have sat Collins or X and for spell and gone with the 2 bigs to see if maybe that would work. I know it would hurt on the offensive end but they abused us with that matchup.  And, honestly, how much worse could we have been offensively.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I would have liked to have seen Mack in that situation - at 260 lbs. he could have moved him off his spot  as well. But Mack never saw the court.

Good point. Had forgotten about him - as has CBG.  Mack wouldn't be the end all but give him a shot just for his size.

20 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Gregory absolutely gets a pass on this season, but we are starting to see clear deficiencies that, if unaddressed in the off season, could be our own undoing next season when the roster should be better and deeper.

This reminds me a little of what I saw from the football team early in 2018 when we jumped out to a 7-0 start but anyone who had their eyes open knew that team has issues, and it led to the program's downfall. If Gregory can't run a more diverse offense late in games and/or get his players to run it, then the 2020-21 season is going to be ugly compared to the expectations that have been already laid out.

Remember this is a coach who hasn't finished any higher than 7th in conference any of his last 10 seasons, and sat out a year when he got fired from Georgia Tech. There is a reason why the only phone call we got was from USF. We needed him and he needed USF. He did a great job putting out the Antigua fire, but I have serious concerns about his ability to get this team to ever finish in the upper half of the conference, when we see his offense and defense crap the bed late in games. 

We took a couple of years off from buying MBB but bought in this year.  I'm giving it another year next year. If it ends up looking the same I'm not sure I'll go in for a 3rd year.  It is a big time commitment.  We got in with the WBB team at around 1:30am and dragged ourselves to last nights game only to leave upset and wondering why we bothered. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

An over simplification.  But good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose.  

Not sure how much this falls on the Coach.  But obviously we are a below average team.  

I think the team wears down physically and mentally against these better teams right now.

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

An over simplification.  But good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose.  

Not sure how much this falls on the Coach.  But obviously we are a below average team.  

I think the team wears down physically and mentally against these better teams right now.

Seems like CBG has shortened the bench.  Don't see Akec (who started a few games when he put JB on the bench) or Mack much.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

It's not an over simplification.  We're not even close to the same level talent wise with these teams that we are "choking" against with the exception of the road loses to ECU and UCF

37 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Another prime example of lowering expectations to the point of not ever being disappointed. 

Feel free to enlighten us all ......... 🙄

Edited by chapelbull

14 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Well, by you saying that all of these teams, other than ECU and UCF, having significantly better talent you intimate that we somehow shouldn't win those games. So no matter the manner in how we lose any of those games, the result is what was expected so you aren't left being disappointed.

Listen, there is nothing wrong living your life that way - if you lower your expectations enough you'll eventually meet them. But don't mistake that for greatness.

While I doubt this will enlighten you specifically - because you seem to take issue with anything I post - I hope this provides a more granular explanation to what I meant when I said "Happiness is low level of expectation".

Not even close to what I said or "intimated".   Strawman for the win Bob!