• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Closes Regular Season at No. 6/4 UConn as Part of Big Monday on ESPN2

Guest SittingBull
49 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Show me any AAC team with American players that beats UConn and I'll agree with you.  I'll wait.

Which AAC team/s played UConn the closest this year?  How many foreign players were on those teams?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Show me any AAC team with American players that beats UConn and I'll agree with you.  I'll wait.

Tulane nearly knocked them off a few years ago with 8 american players. They got the closest in about 140 games. How many teams that beat uconn in the last 10 years have rosters predominately from outside the US. I'll Wait

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

34 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Which AAC team/s played UConn the closest this year?  How many foreign players were on those teams?

13 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Tulane nearly knocked them off a few years ago with 8 american players. They got the closest in about 140 games. How many teams that beat uconn in the last 10 years have rosters predominately from outside the US. I'll Wait

This is bordering on absurdity ....... measurements based on the best loser. There may come a time when there may be a need to move on from CJF but that time's not now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, SittingBull said:

Show me any teams that have beaten UConn that have more than a few foreign players.  I’ll wait.

UCF has beaten USF the last 4 times they have met, how many foreign players has coach Abe recruited during her tenure, which began April 1, 2016.  OBTW, UCF beat WSU 95 - 50 tonite.  USF managed. 56 - 50 against the Shockers last month.

7 hours ago, SittingBull said:

6 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I didn't know that moral victories all of a sudden counted.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,057
  • Days Won:  56

10 hours ago, SittingBull said:

He’s had 20 years, many coaches have.done more in less time.  Forget UConn, how many times has he finished in 2nd in a rather weak AAC?   How has he been doing against poor old UCF?   He admitted in a TV interview not long ago, that he can’t recruit well in the USA.  I been a supporter for most of his tenure.  Only missed a handful of games during that time, season ticket holder, Coaches Club member, etc. and in my opinion USF needs to move on.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

FYI, the last time UCONN didn't win the regular season or conference tournament title was in 2013, before that 1993. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I wonder if UCONN lost any conference games in their time in the AAC. I don't know for sure but I don't think they did.

Jose's record against UCONN is meaningless as far as rating his performance, every single AAC WBB coach would fare as poorly. We probably have more losses against UCONN because we almost always got a 3rd game against them by going all the way to the conference finals and played them more than the other teams.

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I wonder if UCONN lost any conference games in their time in the AAC. I don't know for sure but I don't think they did.

Jose's record against UCONN is meaningless as far as rating his performance,

They haven’t.

True, to a great extent.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

They have not. They've lost to all of those other teams loaded with American talent just as many times as they've lost to us.