• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Closes Regular Season at No. 6/4 UConn as Part of Big Monday on ESPN2

Guest SittingBull
4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

This is more of a waxing than these girls have ever had. 😂

LoL🤣

Edited by SittingBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

No probably about it unless someone beats them in the tourney. End of an era in our conference.

Ya. It's up for grabs next year.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

You guys do realize that before Jose took over the program, USF had 7 winning seasons in 28 years, never won more than 16 games, and had ZERO postseason appearances, right? He’s earned the chance to lead a team in a conference that doesn’t include an unbeatable juggernaut at the top.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

So does every other coach in the American next season. What does USF's history prior to Jose have to do with the program being in a conference without UConn next year?

It has to do with all these guys saying it’s time for Jose to go. Read the posts on the past two pages.

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Then I think the point about WBB being a wasteland prior to Jose make alot of sense - he gets a pass. The comment about him deserving to coach in a league not dominated by one team, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything other than he'll be coaching in a lesser league next year (as will everyone else in the AAC) and they will all have their best shot at a conference title.

It’s so hard to make sense around here most of the time.

• Upvote 1

Guest SittingBull
49 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You guys do realize that before Jose took over the program, USF had 7 winning seasons in 28 years, never won more than 16 games, and had ZERO postseason appearances, right? He’s earned the chance to lead a team in a conference that doesn’t include an unbeatable juggernaut at the top.

He’s had 20 years, many coaches have.done more in less time.  Forget UConn, how many times has he finished in 2nd in a rather weak AAC?   How has he been doing against poor old UCF?   He admitted in a TV interview not long ago, that he can’t recruit well in the USA.  I been a supporter for most of his tenure.  Only missed a handful of games during that time, season ticket holder, Coaches Club member, etc. and in my opinion USF needs to move on.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Click here to follow USF Women’s Basketball on Twitter

Click here to like USF Women’s Basketball on Facebook

USF Closes Out Regular Season With 80-39 Loss at No. 5/4 UConn

Sydni Harvey scores 16 points; Bethy Mununga grabs game-high 12 rebounds

Game Details

No. 5/4 UConn 80, USF 39

USF (18-12, 10-6 in AAC), UConn (26-3, 16-0 in AAC)

Monday, March 2, 2020 | 7 p.m. | ESPN2

Hartford, Conn. | XL Center

HARTFORD, Conn. (March 2, 2020) (AP) – Sydni Harvey scored 16 points to lead the University of South Florida women's basketball team as it closed out the 2019-20 regular season with a 80-39 loss to No. 5/4 UConn on Monday night at the XL Center. The Bulls fell to 18-12 on the year and 10-6 in The American. The Huskies, the American Athletic Conference regular season champions, improved to 26-3 overall and finished the regular season 16-0 in league play.

With the regular season in the rearview mirror, the Bulls will be the No. 4 seed in the upcoming AAC Tournament at the Mohegan Sun Hotel Arena in Uncasville, Conn., March 6-9. USF earned a bye to the tournament quarterfinals by virtue of its top-four finish, and will face the winner of the first-round game between the five seed and 12 seed, on Saturday at noon.

In addition to Harvey, the sophomore guard from Nashville, Elena Tsineke (Thessaloniki, Greece) added eight points and, while Bethy Mununga (Zellik, Belgium) grabbed 12 rebounds.

The Huskies had the game in control from the opening tip, shooting 47.6 percent (30-for-53) from the field and holding the Bulls to a season low 26.3 percent (15-of-57) from the floor.

Score By Quarters

1             2             3             4             F

USF                       8             6             12           13          39                                                    

UConn                 26           27           12           15          80

Notable

Up Next

The Bulls return to Tampa before heading back to the Constitution State on Wednesday for the 2020 AAC Women’s Basketball Tournament at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., March 6-9. Tournament pairings and the tournament bracket will be released Monday night.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Bulls4ever said:

It's time for Jose to retire, what will this make it 0-32!!  Stop recruiting the European players, you have to get tough american players that play physical.    

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

4/13 players are from the states. Jose needs to focus more on the states and get more physical players that will fight back. These international players fold instantly whenever they play a physical style of basketball

Show me any AAC team with American players that beats UConn and I'll agree with you.  I'll wait.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

38 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

He’s had 20 years, many coaches have.done more in less time.

With 15 post season appearances in the last 16 years, I'm guessing many more have done less ...

Forget UConn, how many times has he finished in 2nd in a rather weak AAC?

In the 7 years, 3 times. Finished 3rd twice. Never lower than 5th ...... How close do you really follow USF WBB?

He admitted in a TV interview not long ago, that he can’t recruit well in the USA.

Link?

• Upvote 2

Guest SittingBull
21 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Show me any AAC team with American players that beats UConn and I'll agree with you.  I'll wait.

Show me any teams that have beaten UConn that have more than a few foreign players.  I’ll wait.

UCF has beaten USF the last 4 times they have met, how many foreign players has coach Abe recruited during her tenure, which began April 1, 2016.  OBTW, UCF beat WSU 95 - 50 tonite.  USF managed. 56 - 50 against the Shockers last month.