• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

The same guy Who tweeted about the new offense tweeted that Q asked for his release but was unlikely to get it. Apparently Trestman doesn't play him or play against him. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

The same guy Who tweeted about the new offense tweeted that Q asked for his release but was unlikely to get it. Apparently Trestman doesn't play him or play against him. 

No reason to release him until you've at least dangled him out there for a trade to get something in return.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No reason to release him until you've at least dangled him out there for a trade to get something in return.

Thats true, here is the article that I saw the tweets in. 

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/2/27/21154597/quinton-flowers-leaves-tampa-bay-vipers-xfl-marc-trestman-requests-release

Kinda gave me the vibe that they weren't going to let him go at all, but there could be a trade soon. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Thats true, here is the article that I saw the tweets in. 

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/2/27/21154597/quinton-flowers-leaves-tampa-bay-vipers-xfl-marc-trestman-requests-release

Kinda gave me the vibe that they weren't going to let him go at all, but there could be a trade soon. 

On que, heres one scenario

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/02/luis-perez-2/ 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One thing to remember, these guys are not getting paid a lot of money.  Yes, it is a chance to continue playing and get scouted for another shot at Canada or the NFL, but if he is making about $50K and is getting jerked around and who knows what is going on in the locker room, who would put up with that kind of BS.  At $50k it is just another job that can be easily replaced.

At this point, we have no idea what was going on with him and Trestman.  I tuned in halfheartedly to maybe watch Flowers because he is a USF guy and was good for us  at USF.  Besides Murray and maybe the other QB, can anyone name more than a few players?  

Let's be honest, besides maybe Aaron Murray's family will anybody tune in because they have personal attachment to any of the players?  Flowers gave the Vipers a chance for area football fans  a chance to build an emotional  bond with the fans.  

Once March madness starts will anyone really care about watch second rate football?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Hard for me to assume that Trestman told him this was going to happen, meaning he would play more and he still walked. And if he didn't, why wouldn't he? 

Totally agree. He had to be told that he was not going to start even with a change in offensive philosophy. However, Q had enough, pouted and left. Regardless of why (unless it’s family related) his move was not a smart one at all.

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally agree. He had to be told that he was not going to start even with a change in offensive philosophy. However, Q had enough, pouted and left. Regardless of why (unless it’s family related) his move was not a smart one at all.

Unless he gets traded and starts. In which case, staying was the not smart move. Can't really judge it at the moment. There's a fine line between quitting and knowing your value. I'm not staying in current regular job one second past the time I feel I am being undervalued as a professional. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Unless he gets traded and starts. In which case, staying was the not smart move. Can't really judge it at the moment. There's a fine line between quitting and knowing your value. I'm not staying in current regular job one second past the time I feel I am being undervalued as a professional. 

But let’s face it the odds of him starting consistently are not great. Further, he needs to actually play to get better. In a ten game season league I don’t know if he will get that time. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But let’s face it the odds of him starting consistently are not great. Further, he needs to actually play to get better. In a ten game season league I don’t know if he will get that time. 

He is gambling on himself. the greats usually do. 

• Upvote 1

something else to point out is that we are looking at this as if Q walked in pounded his fist on the desk and said start me at QB or i'm leaving. Maybe he walked in and said play me at RB, or slot or QB. where ever just don't take me off the field. He's been the best they have at all three. Just put the ball in his hand 20 somehow and see what happens. 

• Upvote 1