• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If a kid quit the D-League and blamed his coaches, or did this in the minor leagues, or even his college football team, we’d be making fun of him right now and talking about how he torched his shot. But since it’s QF, it was a good decision for his career.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok I guess you missed the one hop passes? What about the screen pass pick? What about the fact he did not earn the starting job and he had a month to win it? Are we going to blame the coach every time he does not get the start? I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG! Q is the best QB we have ever had. But I am not seeing anything to make me believe otherwise.  I am more than willing to have an honest debate Ghost as my opinion does have validity. At the same time I truly hope Q goes to the CFL. If he is ever going to make it as a pro that is the place. Large field, offenses with running QBs, and spotlight on the QB. I will also add that if he quit the team this discussion will be moot as teams may be hesitant to talk to him...This was a terrible move on his part is true.

I didn't come in the thread and say "Q has shown nothing wrong".  I can freeeely admit he hasn't played as well as he could in the limited chances he's had, and quitting the league or whatever it is he's doing right now looks bad. 

You on the other hand said he's shown nothing (good).  But such a statement just objectively isn't true.  You are the one who can't acknowledge he has done some things well in the XFL.  Instead I'm sure I'll continue to read in future threads, all about how unsuited he is for the pros because of reasons that aren't true.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I didn't come in the thread and say "Q has shown nothing wrong".  I can freeeely admit he hasn't played as well as he could in the limited chances he's had, and quitting the league or whatever it is he's doing right now looks bad. 

You on the other hand said he's shown nothing (good).  But such a statement just objectively isn't true.  You are the one who can't acknowledge he has done some things well in the XFL.  Instead I'm sure I'll continue to read in future threads, all about how unsuited he is for the pros because of reasons that aren't true.

Yes, that was hyperbolic on my part. But when you add up his pros with his cons I don’t see how one can come to the conclusion that he is “starting” pro QB. It’s simply not there. Again, I will reiterate, “if” he does have “any” chance it is more than likely north of the boarder. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was not referring to your comments specifically but to the general comments on this thread. Nor was I referring to just the NFL...thus my use of the term “pro qb.” 

NEB.....I think your missing the point, at least that I was trying to make.  

The point is not whether Q is a good profesional QB.  He certainly is not NFL level.  We know that. And may not even be great at the XFL level.  But if the XFL wants to succeed, they need to be able to develop the fan base with local players the fans want to see play.

This last game (first home game of the season) was a perfect opportunity to build up the fanbase with the local college QB.  The fans were screaming for it.  They have now most likely lost those fans.

That is my only point. 

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

NEB.....I think your missing the point, at least that I was trying to make.  

The point is not whether Q is a good profesional QB.  He certainly is not NFL level.  We know that. And may not even be great at the XFL level.  But if the XFL wants to succeed, they need to be able to develop the fan base with local players the fans want to see play.

This last game (first home game of the season) was a perfect opportunity to build up the fanbase with the local college QB.  The fans were screaming for it.  They have now most likely lost those fans.

That is my only point. 

So people go to games when the local kid is getting sacked, throwing Int, and makes an occasional decent decent play and the team is 0-6? That does not seem to be working for USF. He played last week and their was what 22k at the game? Not that many cared enough to watch him play in college I suspect the same is true for a start up double A football league. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So people go to games when the local kid is getting sacked, throwing Int, and makes an occasional decent decent play and the team is 0-6? That does not seem to be working for USF. He played last week and their was what 22k at the game? Not that many cared enough to watch him play in college I suspect the same is true for a start up double A football league. 

Im not really sure what point you are trying to make. 

First off the team is 0-3 not 0-6.  So lets at least be factual.

Second the team hasnt given Q enough opportunities to see if he can make more than just the "occasional decent" play.  What Ive seen of Cornelius , he isnt the fn answer so why not have given Q more of a shot.  

Regarding the attendance, its the freaking XFL.  What attendance are you expecting.  Guess what, its going to get alot fu----- worse with Q not playing. 

I love most of your posts man, but Im not getting you on this one.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If a kid quit the D-League and blamed his coaches, or did this in the minor leagues, or even his college football team, we’d be making fun of him right now and talking about how he torched his shot. But since it’s QF, it was a good decision for his career.

I didn't and would never say that. 

18 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Im not really sure what point you are trying to make. 

First off the team is 0-3 not 0-6.  So lets at least be factual.

Second the team hasnt given Q enough opportunities to see if he can make more than just the "occasional decent" play.  What Ive seen of Cornelius , he isnt the fn answer so why not have given Q more of a shot.  

Regarding the attendance, its the freaking XFL.  What attendance are you expecting.  Guess what, its going to get alot fu----- worse with Q not playing. 

I love most of your posts man, but Im not getting you on this one.

My 0-6 is my projection for the team regardless who is starting at QB. My point is people will go see see the Vipers play regardless who is at QB if they are winning. Having him start just because he is the local kid will only get the team so far in attendance...and I would add not make a significant difference as displayed by the fact that many did not care to see him play at USF. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

QF has given up on football ever paying his bills by quitting on this team. There is no other way around it.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, I will reiterate, “if” he does have “any” chance it is more than likely north of the boarder. 

Border....C’mon NEB, reiteration is more effective when your spelling reflects our Preeminent status.

• Upvote 1