• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

What the hell??? All I said was Q was mobile. That style of offense is what the NFL is trending too. Nowhere did I say Q could, would, or should be a QB in the nfl.

Trestman should adapt that sort of offense if he wants to move back up to the nfl. The game seems to have passed him by.

I was not referring to your comments specifically but to the general comments on this thread. Nor was I referring to just the NFL...thus my use of the term “pro qb.” 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was not referring to your comments specifically but to the general comments on this thread. Nor was I referring to just the NFL...thus my use of the term “pro qb.” 

I also never said he was a great xfl qb either...

But if you weren't referring to me than I am just confused. Carry on

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I love Q, but he's acting like a child. So you don't get used in the offense like you want to, it's not the end of the world. It's not even just himself he has to think about, but his daughter as well. Is it really that hard to just show up each week and earn a paycheck? The opportunity might not be ideal right now, but simply leaving means no opportunity. Add onto that how bad this looks for future teams, and how it makes him look like he's not a team player, and it's just plain stupid. 

Q is a father and a man, not a 19 year old college player throwing a fit and hitting the portal because he couldn't get playtime. 

Quietly removing yourself from a frustrating situation is much more responsible than throwing a hissy fit in the locker room. It's not like Q is going on Twitter rants. That would be acting like a child. Q knows his value. Q knows that being pulled off field two drives after scoring the team's first TD of the season is not how you grow an offense. Do I personally wish he stayed with the team this week? Yes. Is him leaving childish? No. Far from childish.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Quietly removing yourself from a frustrating situation is much more responsible than throwing a hissy fit in the locker room. It's not like Q is going on Twitter rants. That would be acting like a child. Q knows his value. Q knows that being pulled off field two drives after scoring the team's first TD of the season is not how you grow an offense. Do I personally wish he stayed with the team this week? Yes. Is him leaving childish? No. Far from childish.

However, does he have the capital (being successful on the pro level) to do that? I would suspect he (and his agent know that). There may be more to this story than we know. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. I don't get this fascination that Q is a great qb on the pro level. There is no evidence to support this whatsoever. His accuracy, decision making and consistency can all be questioned. 

Fine, but do you have to bring that up in every thread about him and the XFL?  

Or is knocking him down a peg your job on this board?  For crying out loud no one is saying the kid is Joe Montana and it's some big crime he's not in the NFL.  Yet here you are, on cue, ready to tell all of his fans how deluded they are for wanting to see him play.

Again, imagine that, his fans want to see him play more for his hometown team.  Do I need to get some pictures to help illustrate or is it clear what the "fascination" is?  

Now why don't you find a more positive drum to beat to death instead of this one.

11 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Fine, but do you have to bring that up in every thread about him and the XFL?  

Or is knocking him down a peg your job on this board?  For crying out loud no one is saying the kid is Joe Montana and it's some big crime he's not in the NFL.  Yet here you are, on cue, ready to tell all of his fans how deluded they are for wanting to see him play.

Again, imagine that, his fans want to see him play more for his hometown team.  Do I need to get some pictures to help illustrate or is it clear what the "fascination" is?  

Now why don't you find a more positive drum to beat to death instead of this one.

It’s called looking at the other side of things. If you want a love in with the others go ahead. Fans don’t coach. I will still give my opinion for the other side...I’ve been here long enough to look at things other than a la la fan.  If you don’t like what I say then don’t read it. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I love Q, but he's acting like a child. So you don't get used in the offense like you want to, it's not the end of the world. It's not even just himself he has to think about, but his daughter as well. Is it really that hard to just show up each week and earn a paycheck? The opportunity might not be ideal right now, but simply leaving means no opportunity. Add onto that how bad this looks for future teams, and how it makes him look like he's not a team player, and it's just plain stupid. 

Q is a father and a man, not a 19 year old college player throwing a fit and hitting the portal because he couldn't get playtime. 

I mean the XFL is t exactly shelling out a ton of cash to its players, and he’s yet to see a win bonus and I think we all know the Vipers aren’t winning the ship so he’s not gonna see that bonus either. It is entirely possible that he can make more by not playing football than playing in the XFL. I doubt that quitting football entirely is the route he is going, but isn’t it entirely possible he’s tired of being dicked around as a professional and is ready for something more stable?

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s called looking at the other side of things. If you want a love in with the others go ahead. Fans don’t coach. I will still give my opinion for the other side...I’ve been here long enough to look at things other than a la la fan.  If you don’t like what I say then don’t read it. 

When you say he has "shown nothing" to prove he's capable at the pro level, while he was directly responsible for the Vipers first offensive touchdown, you're not "looking at the other side of things"; you're ignoring reality to to bolster your opinion.  If you had watched the games, you would have seen for yourself the spark he gave the team and you would have even heard the commentators questioning why Q isn't being played at times.  If he's shown nothing why are the commentators, who aren't USF homers, wanting him to be played?

When you say he doesn't have the arm strength but throws a 40 yard dime in his first game, again you're not looking at the other side you are spreading falsehoods.  (And the best part is when you got called out on that arm strength comment  in another thread, you changed your tune to say 'oh by arm strength I really meant accuracy on short -medium length passes')

If you want to present an honest debate I won't bat an eye.  It's when you say things that are objectively not true, just so your opinion can appear right, that I take offense.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

When you say he has "shown nothing" to prove he's capable at the pro level, while he was directly responsible for the Vipers first offensive touchdown, you're not "looking at the other side of things"; you're ignoring reality to to bolster your opinion.  If you had watched the games, you would have seen for yourself the spark he gave the team and you would have even heard the commentators questioning why Q isn't being played at times.  If he's shown nothing why are the commentators, who aren't USF homers, wanting him to be played?

When you say he doesn't have the arm strength but throws a 40 yard dime in his first game, again you're not looking at the other side you are spreading falsehoods.  (And the best part is when you got called out on that arm strength comment  in another thread, you changed your tune to say 'oh by arm strength I really meant accuracy on short -medium length passes')

If you want to present an honest debate I won't bat an eye.  It's when you say things that are objectively not true, just so your opinion can appear right, that I take offense.

Ok I guess you missed the one hop passes? What about the screen pass pick? What about the fact he did not earn the starting job and he had a month to win it? Are we going to blame the coach every time he does not get the start? I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG! Q is the best QB we have ever had. But I am not seeing anything to make me believe otherwise.  I am more than willing to have an honest debate Ghost as my opinion does have validity. At the same time I truly hope Q goes to the CFL. If he is ever going to make it as a pro that is the place. Large field, offenses with running QBs, and spotlight on the QB. I will also add that if he quit the team this discussion will be moot as teams may be hesitant to talk to him...This was a terrible move on his part is true.

Edited by NewEnglandBull