• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, OnTheBus said:

Trestman doesn't understand Florida football, and this roster is filled with Florida talent.

Imagine if this team was coached by Orlando Apollos championship winning coach, who had a firm grasp on Florida football. What was his name again...

"THE OLD BALL COACH"   🏈    :lol:

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. I don't get this fascination that Q is a great qb on the pro level. There is no evidence to support this whatsoever. His accuracy, decision making and consistency can all be questioned. Further, now that he has quit (at least temporarily) the perspective that he is a team player can also be questioned. I love Q and all he has done for USF but some of you need to remove the green and gold goggles for a second.  

True True but...he has showed glimpses of what he could be if...he were given prolonged game time to get in the groove. A memory of QF, how many games did he win for USF when it looked like we were ready to tank? AND,,, I think I look **** good in these green and gold googles thank you very much..hell, Elton got away with it for years...🤓

GO QF>>WE LOVE YA BROTHER DONT LISTEN TO NEB :=}

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. I don't get this fascination that Q is a great qb on the pro level. There is no evidence to support this whatsoever. His accuracy, decision making and consistency can all be questioned. Further, now that he has quit (at least temporarily) the perspective that he is a team player can also be questioned. I love Q and all he has done for USF but some of you need to remove the green and gold goggles for a second.  

For the "pro level" that is the XFL, Q has the potential to be very good - or a bust - but we'll never find out if he isn't given a chance. Trestman should have given him 2-3 games to sink or swim.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

I must say.... it feels nice that Q is at the center of the biggest starting QB controversy in pro football at the moment.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

True True but...he has showed glimpses of what he could be if...he were given prolonged game time to get in the groove. A memory of QF, how many games did he win for USF when it looked like we were ready to tank? AND,,, I think I look **** good in these green and gold googles thank you very much..hell, Elton got away with it for years...🤓

GO QF>>WE LOVE YA BROTHER DONT LISTEN TO NEB :=}

Fair enough. I do hope he gets another chance but I am not ready to buy that he can make it as a QB. In terms of the XFL I don’t think it is a league where players will get a chance to develop. The coaches and players want to win now in order to get some type of NFL job (assistant or HC). Further, this league won’t be around long enough for a player to develop. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Possibly the best move the Vipers owners could do is, keep Quinton and get rid of Trestman????  He has shown nothing. I think he is out of his league. Where's the old "Ball Coach" when you need him..? QF is a win win for Tampa. Not only can he make plays and move the ball he helps draw fans. Seems like the only guy in Tampa that doesn't get it is...Trestman

The XFL owns all of the XFL teams. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Q is not an NFL QB but the XFL is a long way from the NFL. Let Q be Q, he is electrifying and if given the platform could become the most “must see tv player” in the league. The league needs that. The football is terrible. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Q isn't close to any of those guys

Never said he was. I was meaning coaching that style of offense is the new nfl. Not statue QBs. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

I love Q, but he's acting like a child. So you don't get used in the offense like you want to, it's not the end of the world. It's not even just himself he has to think about, but his daughter as well. Is it really that hard to just show up each week and earn a paycheck? The opportunity might not be ideal right now, but simply leaving means no opportunity. Add onto that how bad this looks for future teams, and how it makes him look like he's not a team player, and it's just plain stupid. 

Q is a father and a man, not a 19 year old college player throwing a fit and hitting the portal because he couldn't get playtime. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What the hell??? All I said was Q was mobile. That style of offense is what the NFL is trending too. Nowhere did I say Q could, would, or should be a QB in the nfl.

Trestman should adapt that sort of offense if he wants to move back up to the nfl. The game seems to have passed him by.