• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

usfgrad84

Flowers Gone From Vipers

I don't think I have ever seen a professional sports team deal with this much press over a third string/ role player. Just drop or trade him and be done with it. unless it is a marketing thing, it's a at least a reason. 

20 hours ago, usf97 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Brett McMurphy tweeted something to the effect of "when the player went into the coach's office to discuss his concerns, the coach said "before you say anything, just know I am the most powerful man in the building"". Or something like that. 

:FIREdevil:

I love McMurph’s creative writing, still!

:roflmao:

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Probably just needs to shut up and play ball, becoming a little bit of a prima donna for my taste, hate to see him taint his legacy here.  

• Upvote 4
  • Me no likey 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Probably just needs to shut up and play ball, becoming a little bit of a prima donna for my taste, hate to see him taint his legacy here.  

He does need to stop talking.  At this point just accept the role on the team that you are on.  If you do well you will earn more playing time.  And you have made it known you want to be traded.  But maybe nobody wants a prima donna that may not be good enough to be a starting qb.

So just shut up and play.  You are doing yourself no favors.

• Upvote 4

I don't have insider information like some on here so I'll  just refrain from judging him.  I wish him future success in whatever he decides to do and leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I don't have insider information like some on here so I'll  just refrain from judging him.  I wish him future success in whatever he decides to do and leave it at that.

Not many people have insider information.  But his comments to the media are contadictory.  He says he wants to be here but he also wants to be traded.

Seems to me that if somebody wanted him, he would have been traded by now.  So he is stuck here.  So make the best of it.  He is still getting a paycheck.  So best just to be quiet and accept your role.

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I don't have insider information like some on here 

No insider information however public perception is he is pouting because he believes he should get more playing time.  He may be deserving and he may not, the best guy doesn’t always win.  He has overcome all the adversity in the world on a personal side, hope he can replicate this on a professional level because I am rooting for him too, like every other person on here.  

I hope he stays. He's the only reason for following the Vipers.

It has to be hard for Q or anyone in his position. "Shut up and play" is too loaded off a phrase nowadays. They're pimping his image and story. When he comes in the team is electrified. The announcers and internet sing his praises and questions the coache. They win 1 game where he doesn't play and now he just needs to play his role. I don't get it. He loves Tampa but doesn't like being used or not given a serious shot at the starting role.  It isn't just about the paycheck for some people. 

• Upvote 2