• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Announcers on tv (Vipers game) just said Q will be back at practice on Monday. If so that is great to hear...get back to grinding Q. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm all on board with this, but I'm not about to start judging who's had a more or less difficult life than QF.

If we're going to keep this sports related, he's screwed. If we're going to talk about life and hardships and such, I wish him the best and we need to move this to some non-sports location.

Exactly, I really don’t want the thread to disintegrate into who had to overcome whatever, everyone has a story.  I love what he did for the program and enjoyed watching him however nobody is off limits except maybe Mother Teresa.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Exactly, I really don’t want the thread to disintegrate into who had to overcome whatever, everyone has a story.  I love what he did for the program and enjoyed watching him however nobody is off limits except maybe Mother Teresa.  

Actually no: her Missionaries of Charity order had issues associated with the quality of medical care, racism, colonialism, and forced deathbed confessions...yes I went there 😂 oh...and don’t get me started on Santa...😂😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually no: her Missionaries of Charity order had issues associated with the quality of medical care, racism, colonialism, and forced deathbed confessions...yes I went there 😂 oh...and don’t get me started on Santa...😂😂

I agreed with you on the prior thread about nobody getting a free pass, if you are in the public eye you are fair game.  I want all the ex-bulls to succeed however I want the current bulls to succeed more.  I know you light the menorah however lay off Santa. 😀😀

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Might be time to adopt the Seattle Dragons with this score rn

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 2/29/2020 at 9:33 AM, MikePhillips said:

I don't see how you could look at him as a pouter or a quitter. He's got talent, he's trying to find an outlet to earn a living with his talent. Sitting on the bench, on a losing 0-4 team in any league isn't going to do him any favors in his athletics career.

Him walking out, shows he has respect for himself and wants more for himself, and expects more from himself.

Good on him, it took that team 2+ games to score one touchdown and he was the one who did it. I don't think that's fair to call him a pouter or a quitter, he wants more responsibility and that's honorable

Maybe quitter was too strong of a word.  I don't believe that he is that.

But at the same token, just leaving the team in mid-season is not a good look.  He still made the most of his limited opportunities and proved his coach wrong, and become the Starter eventually.  Not sure how easy it will be for him to hook up with another tea, as a 3rd string QB.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 2/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, Rocky Style said:

I'm actually into this league.  I'm surprised lol.  A lot of the chatter is clowning this guy out.  He seems like a moron.  I hope he can turn it around for the sake of TB sports fans.  I like a good secondary pipeline for FB talent that gets overlooked. There are some great players emerging in the league.  

I am into it more than I thought I would be.  It was getting discouraging watch them move down the field and blow it in the Red Zone game after game.  And despite the nice win that they had yesterday, I'm still not sure about Trestman.  But if they keep improving and win more than they lose the rest of the way.   Then I'll admit that I was wrong about him.

Still think Trestman made a mistake pulling Flowers in the 1st home game.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I think I have solved the mystery... 63    Jordan McCray    C/G    6-3    320    Central Florida

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Maybe quitter was too strong of a word.  I don't believe that he is that.

But at the same token, just leaving the team in mid-season is not a good look.  He still made the most of his limited opportunities and proved his coach wrong, and become the Starter eventually.  Not sure how easy it will be for him to hook up with another tea, as a 3rd string QB.

I just read this, so I'm re-quoting my self.

"He still could have made the most his limited opportunities and proved his Coach wrong, and maybe even become the Starter one day?  But we will never know.........And no he is not a "great" QB that can do no wrong.  Thats never been my point.  But he seemed to be at times our best option, and being the local star from the local college, it was only logical to play him more when Cornelius was failing.  Thats all.

Heeessss bbbbaaaaascccckkkk