• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

38 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

As someone who is accused of hyperbole from time to time, I must say this is so outlandish that people should not respond, let alone read the rest of your post.

I mean just yesterday Starbucks wouldn’t serve me a Venti Nitro Cold Brew and the Brewery I stopped by only had a 65 IBU option when I prefer a much more bitter beer where as he had his dad shot and killed in front of his house when he was seven, had his mom die of cancer when he was we still a kid and had his brother get murdered before he started a game here so I would say you are right we are probably even.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

As someone who is accused of hyperbole from time to time, I must say this is so outlandish that people should not respond, let alone read the rest of your post.

Really? Is it so outlandish to think that in Flowers short time on earth he has had to endure much more than the average person? 

Obviously I dont know everyone's life but Flowers has been through way too much **** for only being a 20 something.

So outlandish lol

http://www.si.com/.amp/college/2017/11/21/quinton-flowers-south-florida-bulls-family

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The post didn't say average person, otherwise it wouldn;t have been hyperbole.

I still dont think it was. I said he has endured much more than the average person. So I would bet he has been through more than anyone I know. Sorry to offend you so badly.

Maybe read the article, I dunno...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, ForestBull said:

I still dont think it was. I said he has endured much more than the average person. So I would bet he has been through more than anyone I know. Sorry to offend you so badly.

Maybe read the article, I dunno...

So because he has had a tough life we are not allowed to say it was “probably” a bad decision to quit a team and “hope” for another chance to play pro ball? It’s a message board...speculation is it’s life blood. 

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't know enough about what is going on right now with his life to say whther or not it is a bad decision. I'm simply stating that saying that he has had a worse life thus far than anyone else on this board is an ignorant statement. Maybe he has, but I think its an insult to those on this board who may have gone through tough times but still never quit.

And why is quiting a bad thing? Sometimes walking a way from a bad situation may be a good thing based on the what is going. The fact is nobody knows for certain what exactly went into his decision making, not does anyone know what some on this board maybe have dealt with in their early life.

I'll support QF no matter his decision and hope he finds his way back to a football field when he is ready.

Stop being a drama queen. I never said he has had a harder life than anyone on this board but I said I would bet he has. Your reading comprehension needs work.

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

NEB, this isn't directed at you but just answering your question based on Forrest Bulls comment. I don't know enough about what is going on right now with his life to say whther or not it is a bad decision. I'm simply stating that saying that he has had a worse life thus far than anyone else on this board is an ignorant statement. Maybe he has, but I think its an insult to those on this board who may have gone through tough times but still never quit.

And why is quiting a bad thing? Sometimes walking a way from a bad situation may be a good thing based on the what is going. The fact is nobody knows for certain what exactly went into his decision making, not does anyone know what some on this board maybe have dealt with in their early life.

I'll support QF no matter his decision and hope he finds his way back to a football field when he is ready.

Quiting may be good or bad for him. But my point was that this is a message board where speculation is used on almost all posts...but because it is Q we are all of sudden not allowed to speculate or have an opinion? Bull ****. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It's amazing how these opinions and speculation often seem to trend toward being about each other instead of about the topic.  Can we do better?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

A distinction without a difference.

Another example: I don't know for sure, but I would bet you're not fun at parties.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Different opinions here notwithstanding, I think we all share this in common:  we're pulling for Q and are disappointed with his playing time & opportunities with the Vipers...as well as the fact that he's off the team (for whatever reason).

I'll be a fan of his forever and wish him success where ever he goes.

I'm all on board with this, but I'm not about to start judging who's had a more or less difficult life than QF.

If we're going to keep this sports related, he's screwed. If we're going to talk about life and hardships and such, I wish him the best and we need to move this to some non-sports location.

• Upvote 1