• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers Gone From Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

He is gambling on himself. the greats usually do. 

Time will tell relative to “great.”

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Unless he gets traded and starts. In which case, staying was the not smart move. Can't really judge it at the moment. There's a fine line between quitting and knowing your value. I'm not staying in current regular job one second past the time I feel I am being undervalued as a professional.

This. 

It's not like these guys are making good money in this league...

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, JTrue said:

The beef directed at Trestman could be legit or not, but he's a guy with 20 years experience in the NFL, another 7 in Canada, 7 more in college. Countless people in the league who respect his football IQ. Etc. etc. 

QF was a practice squad RB playing 3rd string QB in the XFL. 

I love QF and I'd love to see him get another shot, but a lot of NFL people passed on him multiple times and he just pissed off a whole lot more. 

This may all be true, but we were projected to be one of the most talented teams in the leaque before the season started and yet we are 0-3??  

Granted the Starting QB has been injured.

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I do see your point, but do you think the fans who didn't show up to see QF for USF are going to show up to see him for an XFL team? I'm not sure QF has that kind of Tampa impact beyond the USF faithful and I'm not sure the USF faithful show up in droves to see him in an XFL game.

I don't know.  It certainly doesn't hurt to have the QB of your team being a local college kid who did pretty good things for the local team - a name people in the area recognize.

But, Its the XFL, who knows what to expect.  The overall play isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  At least for the Tampa Bay franchise unless they start winning, the crowds will dwindle regardless of QB.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

6 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

He is gambling on himself. the greats usually do. 

I love this mentality.  I would err on the side of betting on yourself.  Worst case, you learn things and go from there.  Follow your instincts!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

14 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't know.  It certainly doesn't hurt to have the QB of your team being a local college kid who did pretty good things for the local team - a name people in the area recognize.

But, Its the XFL, who knows what to expect.  The overall play isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  At least for the Tampa Bay franchise unless they start winning, the crowds will dwindle regardless of QB.

I don't know.  This league seems to be beating all other sports in ratings right now.  

The XFL tweeted out that Flowers was taking over the game hahaha 😆

Oh, Trestman...

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't know.  This league seems to be beating all other sports in ratings right now.  

The XFL tweeted out that Flowers was taking over the game hahaha 😆

Oh, Trestman...

This whole thing is a bad look for both sides.  Im not defending Q either.  Him walking out makes him look like a pouter and quitter.

Unless Murray comes back.  There doesnt seem like much hope for this team.  And even Murray is not a sure thing.

I get that Trestman has a ton of experience.  But he seems to be suffering the CCS syndrome. The game may have past him by.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This whole thing is a bad look for both sides.  Im not defending Q either.  Him walking out makes him look like a pouter and quitter.

Unless Murray comes back.  There doesnt seem like much hope for this team.  And even Murray is not a sure thing.

I get that Trestman has a ton of experience.  But he seems to be suffering the CCS syndrome. The game may have past him by.

I don't see how you could look at him as a pouter or a quitter. He's got talent, he's trying to find an outlet to earn a living with his talent. Sitting on the bench, on a losing 0-4 team in any league isn't going to do him any favors in his athletics career.

Him walking out, shows he has respect for himself and wants more for himself, and expects more from himself.

Good on him, it took that team 2+ games to score one touchdown and he was the one who did it. I don't think that's fair to call him a pouter or a quitter, he wants more responsibility and that's honorable

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

50Gs for a less than 6 month gig and to keep the dream alive . If he doesn't play chances for injury are limited if he does play he gets a chance to showcase his talent and maybe something good happens . Realistically QF is not walking out into the real world and making 50Gs in 6 months

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

I don't see how you could look at him as a pouter or a quitter. He's got talent, he's trying to find an outlet to earn a living with his talent. Sitting on the bench, on a losing 0-4 team in any league isn't going to do him any favors in his athletics career.

Him walking out, shows he has respect for himself and wants more for himself, and expects more from himself.

Good on him, it took that team 2+ games to score one touchdown and he was the one who did it. I don't think that's fair to call him a pouter or a quitter, he wants more responsibility and that's honorable

Totally disagree with this position. By leaving he has narrowed his options. Just because you expect more does not mean you retreat. Quitter might be a tough word but bad teammate is not. 

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 2