• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

There's number we all have at our job that makes us think about quality of life. I know where I'm at professionally, and if someone came throwing around a 100% raise, it's a no brainer. Now if someone comes in with 20%-30%, that's where you start adding up pros and cons. But doubling your salary...

Yeah, I know.  And I don't blame guys for taking those jobs.  That's why I say with a little raise, then maybe he sticks around if approached by a P5 school.   I think he is making 200K or so now plus some nice bonuses this year I'm sure.   Get him to 300-350K maybe?   It ain't always what it is cracked up to be in the big time.   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, I know.  And I don't blame guys for taking those jobs.  That's why I say with a little raise, then maybe he sticks around if approached by a P5 school.   I think he is making 200K or so now plus some nice bonuses this year I'm sure.   Get him to 300-350K maybe?   It ain't always what it is cracked up to be in the big time.   

In the real world, the number they say the line is $85k. That fluctuates depending on your city, but above that number and you don't feel like it's a return on the work. Once you cross that threshold, the work becomes more than the money nets you back. In sports, it's obviously higher, but there is a number that above it just isn't worth it.

Edit: I did a quick Google search and it looks like $105k is the new number.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Why's that?   I'm not saying he's going to get hired away, but the last couple of weeks aren't a coincidence and aren't by accident.   The recruiting has been improving each year as well.

Don’t worry. If he’s plucked from us USF will definitely source our next coach from this board. It should make the search fast and easy. We plenty of unknown top choices to offer them. You’ve read the comments here, you know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

It's a feeling and sure if he gets an offer for 600K this offseason like Kingston got he might be gone, but the limited conversations I had with him he seemed like a down to earth guy.  The relationships he seems to have with the fans.  He could be happy here with a little raise and knowing he can build a pretty good and consistent G5 competitor here in a lot less stressful environment than a P5 school.   or maybe not

Willie Taggart seemed like a down to earth guy until Oregon called.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,880
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Willie Taggart seemed like a down to earth guy until Oregon called.

Easier to win a National Championship at Oregon in FB.

The circumstances for Baseball are a little different, as this program can be in the National Championship hunt every season.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,454
  • Days Won:  422

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

Now if someone comes in with 20%-30%, that's where you start adding up pros and cons. But doubling your salary...

Yeah, with the 20%-30% have to look at taxes, cost of living, etc but with 100%, I'd think the financial aspect is pretty much all positive ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

The circumstances for Baseball are a little different, as this program can be in the National Championship hunt every season.

My point was, and is, he'll follow the money if offered.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,454
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I think the point others are making is that the term "the money" can be subjective in this case ...

You know this for a fact or are you speculating?

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

This is true.  Additionally, Taggart got a raise in the multiMILLIONS to go to Oregon and have a better shot at a national title.   Mohl might be getting a few hundred thousand.   Still significant but not the same.

Best part of all this is we are discussing keeping Mohl in a thread started to demand he be fired ....... lol .... classic

• Upvote 1