• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

If a bigger school wants Mohl we have zero ability to stop his movement 

You can always sign him to a new contract with more aggressive departure costs making him either less attractive to a prospective school or at the very least a nice payout if he bolts.  But I feel like it is a little late for that now if a team is in need right now,   let the season play out and then lock him in, if he goes before then not a whole lot we can do. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I feel like Mohl could be a guy that would stick around and build something here as opposed to jumping to the "big time" at the first opportunity

• ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I feel like Mohl could be a guy that would stick around and build something here as opposed to jumping to the "big time" at the first opportunity

Not sure why unless it is just a feeling.  Big offer and he'd be gone.  But not sure anyone is going to throw large dollars at him for a 2 week run.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

WOW, that is quite impressive, especially considering this recruiting was done before this run while the Team was not doing well.  

Sign Coach Mohl to a long term contract.  The Present and Future is bright!

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure why unless it is just a feeling.  Big offer and he'd be gone.  But not sure anyone is going to throw large dollars at him for a 2 week run.

The Bucs were a pedestrian 7-5 at the end of November, before ripping off 8 straight and winning the Super Bowl - it is not where you start, but where you finish 

I agree that if USF gets bounced by UT, no big program is going to come calling for Mohl - but if he takes the team to the CWS, that is probably going to turn some AD’s heads

As for my two cents, I hope USF can lock him up for a few more years

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

#40 for 2020, #37 for 2021, #26 for 2022. Things can change between now and then, but those are pretty legit. And these last couple weeks certainly aren't going to hurt.

15 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

The Bucs were a pedestrian 7-5 at the end of November, before ripping off 8 straight and winning the Super Bowl - it is not where you start, but where you finish 

I agree that if USF gets bounced by UT, no big program is going to come calling for Mohl - but if he takes the team to the CWS, that is probably going to turn some AD’s heads

As for my two cents, I hope USF can lock him up for a few more years

Why's that?   I'm not saying he's going to get hired away, but the last couple of weeks aren't a coincidence and aren't by accident.   The recruiting has been improving each year as well.

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It's a feeling and sure if he gets an offer for 600K this offseason like Kingston got he might be gone, but the limited conversations I had with him he seemed like a down to earth guy.  The relationships he seems to have with the fans.  He could be happy here with a little raise and knowing he can build a pretty good and consistent G5 competitor here in a lot less stressful environment than a P5 school.   or maybe not

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

It's a feeling and sure if he gets an offer for 600K this offseason like Kingston got he might be gone, but the limited conversations I had with him he seemed like a down to earth guy.  The relationships he seems to have with the fans.  He could be happy here with a little raise and knowing he can build a pretty good and consistent G5 competitor here in a lot less stressful environment than a P5 school.   or maybe not

There's number we all have at our job that makes us think about quality of life. I know where I'm at professionally, and if someone came throwing around a 100% raise, it's a no brainer. Now if someone comes in with 20%-30%, that's where you start adding up pros and cons. But doubling your salary...