• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Deep thoughts on USF Basketball

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

I though about making this some kind of Jack handy thing like, before you criticize the Bulls basketball team, walk a mile in their shoes, and then, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes....but then i thought that was dumb. 

What I do want to say is, has anyone noticed how the Bulls are 2-8 in games decided by less than 10 pts? Which means they are 9-7 in games decided by 10 pts or more. So I think its fair to say that Yetna's impact would have turned 3 of those 8 loses, by less than 10 points, into wins. Then the Bulls are 5-5 in games decided by  < 10 points and 9-7 in games decided by 10 points or more. which gives them a record of 14-12. We would be, at minimum, fighting for a NIT spot. Which is exactly where we should be this year. So my point is next year, assuming health, the Bulls will go to the NCAAs, we will skip that NIT bid and move straight on to fighting for the real championship. Now of course we still have the chance at a post-season bid but i dont feel, in my heart, that its going to happen. most likely the only way is to win out and with @UConn, ECU, Cincy, @Temple and SMU running out the stretch, I think we'd be happy going 3-2. 5-0 seems a long stretch. Even if we go deep in the tourney, say the semis, i just dont think that will be enough to get in the NIT and I doubt that we'd be interested in returning to the CBI, So again, that ole Bulls mantra, JUST WAIT UNTILL NEXT YEAR! YOU'LL SEE!

Edited by cophbulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Not a huge basketball fan, but to me, the horrible free throw shooting has contributed at least as much as losing Yetna. Injuries are, for the most part, unavoidable. Free throws are a simple matter of practice.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Not a huge basketball fan, but to me, the horrible free throw shooting has contributed at least as much as losing Yetna. Injuries are, for the most part, unavoidable. Free throws are a simple matter of practice.

Thats an ongoing thing with this school, i cant remember if we ever had a good FT%

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I though about making this some kind of Jack handy thing like, before you criticize the Bulls basketball team, walk a mile in their shoes, and then, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes....but then i thought that was dumb. 

What I do want to say is, has anyone noticed how the Bulls are 2-8 in games decided by less than 10 pts? Which means they are 9-7 in games decided by 10 pts or more. So I think its fair to say that Yetna's impact would have turned 3 of those 8 loses, by less than 10 points, into wins. Then the Bulls are 5-5 in games decided by  < 10 points and 9-7 in games decided by 10 points or more. which gives them a record of 14-12. We would be, at minimum, fighting for a NIT spot. Which is exactly where we should be this year. So my point is next year, assuming health, the Bulls will go to the NCAAs, we will skip that NIT bid and move straight on to fighting for the real championship. Now of course we still have the chance at a post-season bid but i dont feel, in my heart, that its going to happen. most likely the only way is to win out and with @UConn, ECU, Cincy, @Temple and SMU running out the stretch, I think we'd be happy going 3-2. 5-0 seems a long stretch. Even if we go deep in the tourney, say the semis, i just dont think that will be enough to get in the NIT and I doubt that we'd be interested in returning to the CBI, So again, that ole Bulls mantra, JUST WAIT UNTILL NEXT YEAR! YOU'LL SEE!

Your assessment is spot on especially regarding the difference that Yetna would bring. Not the season we all wanted but in most games we are in there and they play hard. Seems we are always lacking 10-15 extra points and a dozen rebounds=Yetna. Next year should find us bigger and stronger. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,207
  • Days Won:  422

55 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I doubt that we'd be interested in returning to the CBI

I'd hope if we have the chance to go, we take it ......... only negative would be more opportunity for injuries.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Wait til next year...the motto of USF...

• Crying 1

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'd hope if we have the chance to go, we take it ......... only negative would be more opportunity for injuries.

We are not even there yet, so not sure if we'd even get an invite unless they have some previous champion clause

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Rideau is gone after this season.

Gonna need the seniors, Collins and Brown to be better, a remarkably improved Michael Durr, and reliable Castaneda to prosper alongside Yetna.  Hopefully some of the younger talent is ready to contribute...  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/22/2020 at 11:22 AM, BDYZR said:

The Bulls made 64.4% of their free throws last season and won 24 games. This season they're making 63.7% which isn't much different from last season. of course there are more games to play so that 63.7% could improve or get worse yet.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

CBG took us from the coffin back to the floor. He deserves a little more time. He inherited a pretty bad situation, and we know a thing or two about bad situations. I can pretty much guarantee similar to CWT he will leave us in a much better spot if/when he departs